Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

Well, I'm trading in a couple of old games and redeemed some of my gamer points that I've been sitting on forever and I'm going to pick it up today. Thinking I'm going to make and elf ranger/thief type. Normally with RPGs I go sword and board, but I'm going to try something different to start off. Anyone who has it for the 4 and is willing to help a brutha out would be appreciated. Look for Gunslinger057

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Conspiracy_Victim said:
Well, I'm trading in a couple of old games and redeemed some of my gamer points that I've been sitting on forever and I'm going to pick it up today. Thinking I'm going to make and elf ranger/thief type. Normally with RPGs I go sword and board, but I'm going to try something different to start off. Anyone who has it for the 4 and is willing to help a brutha out would be appreciated. Look for Gunslinger057
I added you. What faction are you joining?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Oh and here's my dude as of this afternoon:

CHZkMClUYAAw781.jpg:large

CHavjY8XAAA0NRu.jpg:large

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Bruno 'The Tire Iron' Coltrane said:
Conspiracy_Victim said:
I added you. What faction are you joining?

Got a little elf nightblade in the Aldmeri, but I'm going to also start up a Nord Dragonknight and put him in Ebonheart.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://youtu.be/iKrcbiwivAo

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I came across a sidequest that is an homage to John Carpenter's The Thing. :D

CHlQZwlWIAArYLb.jpg

CHlQZE2WEAEfOPz.jpg

CHlQYazWgAEahe_.jpg

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I've decided to focus on my Nord Dragonknight for right now, and I'm trying something different and going for a stamina build so they can be a DPS/tank build. Holy crap Uppercut makes things so simple. Between it and charge I can stun lock most little things. Morphing magma armor and having Dragon Blood and Battle Roar makes survival pretty easy too. All in all a fun build I think. Looking forward to seeing how this goes with late game material.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I need to start this. I've been playing Dragon Age like crazy.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

PS4 version. Anyone know how to fucking disable auto voice chat? I've turned voice chat off in the opions but it still auto joins a channel when I log in. It's really obnoxious to forget to leave the channel and then out of no where someone starts talking loudly.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I would really love the ability to do that as well..

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I don't think you can turn off public chat, which annoys the shit out of me. Tired of rolling in to a town and some guy has some obnoxious music playing or is yelling about wanting to buy something, or even better they're running around town asking if anyone can hear them. Yes we can, you're just annoying as hell.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

You can turn it off, you just have to do it every time you log in. =\

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

It also likes to rejoin sometimes when you go to a different area. A Google search tells me there's no way set it to not auto join, and the only option are work around like creating your own guild and defaulting your chat to that. Lame. A Google search also tells me that some people think if you don't like it you're just lazy. They can fuck right off with that.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Guild and Group chat is one thing, but they really should've had text chatting for the mass public chat. Like, honestly. How can you even compete with 500 screaming people asking for something all at once? Such a dumb idea..

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

"Ok time to log in really quick to buy my daily mount upgrade"

*message about how there's an update and you can't play without it first*

"Fuck me. Ok fine I hope this is a small one I just want to log in for 2 minutes"

*it takes 20 minutes just to 'prepare to download'*

"FUCK ME. Ok finally it's going to start downloading thank Christ"

*5+ gb to go, 4 hours estimated time to complete*

"FUCK MY LIFE"

I hate modern gaming so much.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

So it downloaded yesterday so today I can play...after it takes 10 minutes to login...and now I see it reset my skill points. WHAT IN THE FUCK I HATE YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE AND LET ME PLAY.

I assume the reset was related to the patch, but if so they need to fucking say hey we reset you here's why.

Fuck video games.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

I used to remember when video games made changes, you'd actually see a pop up in the game so that you can tell what got changed.

Now it is just "hey, purchase this"

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

MMO's do skill resets all the time. I can't count how many times it's happened to me in WoW. Anyway, it's in the patch notes...

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

Patch notes that at no point appeared on my screen nor did a button saying CLICK HERE TO READ PATCH NOTES appear.

Just more reasons I guess I should be glad my MMO playing is very limited. I would murder people, LOTS of people, for offline versions of Elder Scrolls Online and FFXIV that I could play by myself and not be dependant on a server or have shit randomly changed on me.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Orsinium - 3000 Crowns - November 2nd for PC, November 17th on Xbox One and November 18th for PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=6eQO8eWkjdw

With the purchase of the Orsinium DLC game pack, you get access to the full city of Orsinium and zone of Wrothgar. That includes the following:

Over 20 hours of captivating story content and quests
A long-awaited exploration of the culture of Tamriel’s Orcs
A colossal new zone available to characters of all levels
A new single-player progressive challenge, The Maelstrom Arena
Available in Normal and Veteran versions
Grants special rewards only obtainable by completing arenas
Includes class-specific leaderboards, so you can see how you match up against your fellow combatants
Quests and objectives that contribute to rebuilding the city of Orsinium, returning it to its former glory
Two large public dungeons, Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft, featuring all-new challenges for both solo and group play
Special harvest nodes that scale to the most advanced material type your character can use for crafting
Six all-new, challenging world bosses
Powerful new gear, unique crafting styles, and other rewards inspired by the history and denizens of Wrothgar
Four new Provisioner recipes, only available in Wrothgar
18 powerful new item sets including 6 ability-altering weapons, 9 sets obtained by participating in activities in Wrothgar, and 3 new craftable sets
The Ancient Orc crafting style
Six new collectible costumes only available in Wrothgar
Over an hour of brand new in-game musical score
When the game gets updated next month, one of the new features that will be available to all are the ability to use a Game Pad controller for PC players, Subtitles finally enabled for the console version and a lot more. Here are some of the improvements that will be implemented when the DLC launches next month:

In addition to the Orsinium DLC game pack launch, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will receive the base-game patch at no cost. The Orsinium base-game patch includes gamepad support for PC, subtitles for all platforms, shield dyeing, improvements to battle-leveling, fixes and improvements to existing game systems and content, and more! Here are some of the highlights:

Gamepad support
Subtitles
LFG improvements – cross-alliance dungeons
Champion Point cap & catch-up system
Shield Dyeing
Improvements to battle-leveling
Akaviri crafting style
Ability balance and bug fixes
New ways to spend Alliance Points
Increased item drop rates
…and more!

There is a bear mount and a bear cub vanity pet.. so in!

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

Did the Imperial City DLC have anything for solo players? The brief time I mucked with it all I could find were dungeons that didn't say group but they scaled so that there was no way o was going to get anywhere solo.

Also, subtitles. Fucking finally!

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Piece of Smues said:
Did the Imperial City DLC have anything for solo players? The brief time I mucked with it all I could find were dungeons that didn't say group but they scaled so that there was no way o was going to get anywhere solo.

Also, subtitles. Fucking finally!

Well, the Imperial City warzone has PVP and PVE single player quests so it's technically soloable, though obviously much easier with a party. There were quests too.. I'm not sure if there was a lot of new story content - I haven't downloaded it yet. I'm waiting until I hit the level cap before I grab it.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Here are the Imperial City details, fyi:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/07/10/imperial-city-launch-details

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

Logged in to get my horse upgrade and enchanter writ for the day...update required.

Fuck.

Ok fine I'll do shit while that downloads. Comeback later: file could not be downloaded, please free up disc space.

FUCK.

Fine fuck you, I don't need the star wars beta anymore anyway. Ok so now I won't have time to play, but I can at least let this download before going to bed depending on how big it is. So how big is it? Fuck if I know it's been 'preparing to download' for 20 minutes (89% omg). And I can't leave it going right now because it'll suck up all my bandwidth and it's needed for other things before we're both in bed.

FUCK OFF AND DIE.

So tomorrow I'll get to wait half an hour again (I assume) for it to prepare the fucking thing just so I can see how big it is and see if I have time to get it tomorrow.

Seriously, I'm wishing video games were never invented.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

You need better internet. The update was only 500mb.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

I wish Alaska was never invented too.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

But you have moose and snow! It's a paradise!

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I finally beat Dragon Age Inquisition. I start this game tonight. I'm excited.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

So I love this game. But I've been trying to play 100% single player.
But it's getting annoying to turn down group requests constantly.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

You'll get less as you get further along and higher level. I got tons at first, but I haven't gotten even one in probably two months.