Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

Has anyone joined a guild?

Is it like other mmorpgs?

I remember friends joining guilds in Everquest and WOW. They were always turning down plans because they just had to be online for a raid.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Am I supposed to be holding onto all the special titled weapons I get? I've basically been keeping one weapon that I use and either researching or deconstructing the hell out of everything else.
I don't use Magicka at all and I really just stick to heavy armor and two handed weapons. I don't know if I'm supposed to be well rounded or not.

Also I just reached a level where I was told I could do campaigns and go to PVP. Is that any fun or not worth it?

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I'm cracked out on this game! Someone talk about it with me!

So I'm playing solo. So I'm going to assume I don't need Imperial City DLC, but Orsinium DLC is worth it?
I'm an Orc in Daggerfall Covenant.

Also, crowns, worth it or not?

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

You don't need to hold onto the titled weapons. They'll be useless to you as you level up and get new, better gear. Sell what you don't need, or deconstruct it to level up crafting and get materials.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Couple of more things:

-I adventured with someone for the first time. I went into the first Undaunted Dungeon in Daggerfall. I didn't have a microphone so I couldn't talk to the guy and I didn't know how to signal him that I can't. We made it through the dungeon. I looted bodies and it didn't look like he did. When we left the dungeon he ran off and left the group.

Does the same loot appear for both of us and we individually get to loot bodies or was I supposed to share that shit with him?

-I seem to be reaching a point where most of the quests are a level or two higher than me. Can you level grind in this game? Anyone figure out the best way?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Loot is instanced for each player.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Can we get a roll call on who plays this/what platform/platform ID? If we're mostly on PS4, we should create a guild so that we can at least get the grouping benefits if we ever decide to play at the same time.

PS4: wquinn

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

You have me on your friends list already. It just took me a while to get to the party.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

PS4: Nuinitari

But I don't group. Are there any other benefits to a guild?

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

So nobody answered me before.

Is any of the DLC worth it and are buying Crowns worth it?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Damaramu said:
So nobody answered me before.

Is any of the DLC worth it and are buying Crowns worth it?
Crowns are really only for cosmetic stuff, and the DLC, so if you have no interest in that I wouldn't bother. The DLC itself, I can't speak for Orsinium as it's not out yet on PS4, but Imperial City is pretty fun. It's an add-on to the giant PVP area of Cyrodiil, but there is a ton of PVE stuff in it as well. I like it, and even the PVP stuff doesn't force you to group with people as you're bound to run into other players out there doing the same thing as you anyway.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

How does the pvp stuff work?

Are you our questing, then you run into another pc and he murders you dead? I'm level 21, but I haven't been to Cyrodill yet.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

PVP is basically just you fighting other players. There is no specific gear to have, it's just really about skills and levels.

..and yes, in Cyrodiil, that could happen. I've been ganked before, but I was in enemy territory, so it wasn't unexpected. I've done the same to others.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

Wait, is there shit to do in Cyrodill that isn't PVP? Because I haven't even gone there yet because I thought it was just for pvp.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Yeah there are tons of PVE quests in there.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

But they're potentially dangerous because you have to be on the lookout for enemies and other PCs?
Is it only other alliances that will hurt you?

I heard something about everyone being the same level in Cyrodill.

I may have to give Cyrodill a shot.

I like playing alone but it sucks because I need other people for Undaunted Dungeons. And I don't have a mic so I can't communicate with others.

I do know there's like a list of things I wish I'd known at the start when I first went at it with this character.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I believe you are power-leveled as far as HP/Stamina/Magika goes when you enter Cyrodiil, but not skills, etc. I'm not 100% sure on that.

You do have to be on the look out, but if you stick to your factions area you are "relatively" safe. There are also regular updates as to what "keeps" other player factions are attacking.

You don't have the mic that came with your PS4? Any phone earbud/headset works, as well.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

Oh cool. I just completed Caldwell's Silver and thought I was going to be out of things to do after I finish Caldwell's gold, so I'll have to move on to Cyrodill then.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I guess I'll have to look in the box to see if I have it.

I'm wondering if I should hit up the PVP areas?

Right now I'm in Stormhaven. The Prophet wants me to come back to him, but I don't want to go all the way back there. I'm having fun with the Daggerfall main quest line.

I do find that I have to compulsively go to every black arrow on my way to another quest. So I get distracted. I haven't done too much solo dungeon diving, but the few I've gone to have been fun.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I'm going to quit trying to improve shit. I've ruined a great weapon and a piece of set armor trying to improve them.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

There's a skill for each of the equipment crafting classes that increases your odds of success. Maxed out (3 points I think) it doesn't take many materials to have 100% success rate up to purple, but does take 8 to 100% gold.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

So I'm thinking of going to Cyrodill and doing some PvP. But it says that I have to join a campaign to go. I can't just drop in and hang out?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Think of it as picking a server. Once you do that you can drop in and hang out.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Empty Fossil of the New Scene said:
Think of it as picking a server. Once you do that you can drop in and hang out.

Any suggestions?

Do I get XP when I drop in there? Will my character level like normal?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Yup, afaik it's all the same with leveling and exp. As far as what server to pick, it really depends on how full they are and of which faction. Try to pick one that is balanced so that you'll at least be likely to have some backup if you need it. :)

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I just went to Cyrodill. I'm already confused. It's so big and there's so many places to go.

I am reluctant to do Alliance quests because I don't want to get grouped with someone. I just kind of started wandering.....probably not the best strategy.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

That was quite the update this morning. Jesus Christ.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

They do some weird thing where it shows the total file size of...something, and not what you're downloading actually is. So like if it's 21 gb it might start at 20gb.

Hopefully it's small enough I can actually buy my horse upgrade for the day but we'll see.