Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

"Preparing to download" taking 25 years every time drives me crazy. I just want to see how big it is so I'll know if I have time tonight.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

NINE GOD DAMNED GIGABYTES? FUCKING NINE? I LIVE ON GOD DAMNED MARS AS FAR AS INTERNET SPEED IS CONCERNED YOU ASSHOLES.

Jeebus Christ.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

The preparing to download was the worst part.

I realized I need a horse for Cyrodiil. I've made it this far in the game without a mount.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I spent time in Cyrodiil last night.

Most of the missions are like far far away from where you take the mission at, so a horse would be helpful. I had one where I met a lady in a town and she wanted me to go collect something all the way across the map.

There were a few Daggerfall Convenant fortresses under attack so I'd hightail it to those to join the fight. I killed a few rival player characters but for the most part I got slaughtered each time.

I didn't really see many other rival players when I was wandering the map. The only time it was an issue was when I got close to an enemy held resource and some PCs popped out of hiding and ganked me in short order.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

25% off crowns on PSN right now. There are also some great deals in the Crown Store itself. Ended up getting the new DLC + the bear mount + the bear cub for roughly $20.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Empty Fossil of the New Scene said:
25% off crowns on PSN right now. There are also some great deals in the Crown Store itself. Ended up getting the new DLC + the bear mount + the bear cub for roughly $20.

Did you mean to post this in the ESO thread?

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

What's up with the crafting styles in the crown store? Two of them are 5,000 crowns apiece. 40 bucks to learn a new racial style!?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Damaramu said:

Did you mean to post this in the ESO thread?
Yup! Oops!!

Damaramu said:
What's up with the crafting styles in the crown store? Two of them are 5,000 crowns apiece. 40 bucks to learn a new racial style!?
Yeah those are a bit ridiculously over-priced. I mean the styles are cool but not $40 cool!

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I don't usually make my own armor so I'm not even sure what the racial styles do for you. Is it just the look of your armor?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Yup - it's completely cosmetic. I mean some look really bad ass and I guess certain players are willing to shell out that extra dough to look different than everyone else, I know that WOW players certainly do that kind of thing with mounts and pets, etc.. but it definitely is way overpriced.

It's also good to note that you can find books in the game that allow you to learn those styles, piece by piece (chest, helmet, etc) but they are totally random and you have to search basically every container you come across.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Yeah, I found a Breton one.

I doubt you can find the Daedric book out there. That'd be the only one I'm interested in, but not for 5000 Crowns.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

You can but you get them in pieces instead of the whole book. The basic race ones give you all of them but the big ones like Dwarven, Daedric, etc you find "pages" with shoulders, shields, etc on them.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Does anyone even care about racial styles? I realize more often than not I use armor and weapons I find or get rewarded with than ones I actually make.

Also how the fuck do you beat a Harvester? I just ran into my first one and it just beats the holy living hell out of me and then heals itself. I can't destroy all the stupid orbs before one gets there to heal it.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I finally beat the Harvester. No thanks to the lot of you!

I just went into Orsinium. My level is adjusted for it and it feels really weird. But, I'm having a ton of fun in the new setting. It's so big and taking some getting used to..............................*cough*

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I love Orsinium. It reminds me a lot of Skyrim.. just so massive and so much to do.. oh, and the snow and stuff.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

btw, don't forget to enter the $1,000,000 contest: https://millionreasons.elderscrollsonline.com/

Finally a contest where you don't have to be in the USA to be eligible. :)

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Been playing strictly the Orsinium DLC for about a month now (I play about 1-2 hours every other day). It's crazy how much there is to do in this one.. definitely worth the cost.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Empty Stocking of the New Scene said:
Been playing strictly the Orsinium DLC for about a month now (I play about 1-2 hours every other day). It's crazy how much there is to do in this one.. definitely worth the cost.

Some of the quests are really long and insane. I feel like I've traveled all over the map and haven't scratched the surface. There's a lot of fetch quests in it though which I hate.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Are you guys on PS4? Are there any public/group dungeons in Orsinium you want to get after?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I am on PS4 and am always up for dungeons. I'm not sure if I have you added, but you can add me: wquinn.

FYI: I do need to get a new headset as the one the PS4 came with finally crapped out on me..

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

You have me added. I don't have a headset.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Right, we can be silent dungeon delvers, then, hah. Or just use this thread. Either way, do you have a list of specific dungeons you want to do, or just any?

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I haven't played in a while, but I'm thinking about getting back into it. Let me know if you ever need another party member. Probably not getting the DLC though until I know for sure that I'm going to be playing on a regular basis.

Gunslinger057

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/01/12/eso--the-year-ahead

Lots of great stuff coming, but I'm especially looking forward to this:

Enable text chat on consoles later this year to help players – if they wish – to communicate zone-wide with other players, have easier access to emotes, and be able to chat with others using text instead of voice. This will be optional, and we will continue to fully support voice chat on console as the primary means of communication.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I have taken a brief break playing Madden 16 to recharge my batteries. Then I'll jump back into Orsinium.

I'll never end up playing Fallout 4 and WWE 2K16 at this point.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I also finally became a vampire on my main last week. I like the idea of it but some of the drawbacks are kind of annoying - having to feed so often to stop the progression of the disease; which in turn makes you more vulnerable to fire and also makes your health regen super slow. I think I'll cure it once I max it out and get the achievement.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I also finally became a vampire on my main last week. I like the idea of it but some of the drawbacks are kind of annoying - having to feed so often to stop the progression of the disease; which in turn makes you more vulnerable to fire and also makes your health regen super slow. I think I'll cure it once I max it out and get the achievement.

I wanted to become a werewolf, but I just can't ever find any spawned wolves.

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Damaramu said:

I wanted to become a werewolf, but I just can't ever find any spawned wolves.

If I ever get on when you're on hit me up, one of my characters is a WW.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbpZki26f00

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I made a CXF guild (PS4 North America) and invited Dama and CV. Will just make it easier to track when we're all online and possibly group for dungeons. We can also use it to trade materials, etc, if it ever comes to that (via the Guild bank). :)