Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Evolution of Mario & Luigi

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had the chance to remember the first game that they appeared in during the NES days, it began with The Original "Mario Bros." video game, and then, the famous "Super Mario Bros." games. Also, there's the video game for the NES called "Wrecking Crew" where they also starred in. Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3. Then there's Super Mario Bros.:The Lost Levels. And then, there's Super Mario World. Mario & Luigi have come a LONG way from where they started, with the recent and current games they're in, they truely have a long legacy in the video game business.

Your Thoughts?

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I grew up with the Mario games in the 8-bit world. I think my dad was the only one in the house who could beat Super Mario 1-3. I can beat 1 and 3 but not 2. I really like Super Mario World. I replay it at least once a year. It's a short game and I wish the SNES had another Mario platformer. Yoshi's Island doesn't count but it's a good game too. I got all 120 stars in Super Mario 64. I don't think I can do that again. Sunshine didn't click with me for whatever reason.

I like the new 2D games Nintendo's put out.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How about Super Mario All-Stars? They made those classic games much better with the graphics and what have you.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Super Mario RPG where you get to fight the Power Rangers is one of my all-time favorite SNES games. I never cared for the Paper Mario sequel series.

In terms of the 3D era, I remember not caring too much for Sunshine but the Galaxy/Odyssey games are awesome. I also like the remade 2D they keep releasing. I remember killing a lot of time with New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Relevant webcomic (?):

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/but-what-if-though/that-peach-aint-for-you/viewer?title_no=359296&episode_no=3