Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Flash TV Show

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Has Matt Hardy revealed his thoughts on Savitar's Broken Brilliance?

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping it would be someone other than Barry but still was ok. This season has been fine but aside from the Grodd arc I don't think it has been special. Harry was a better character than the comedy version.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I really hope they get rid of HR and bring earth-2 Wells back. I hate this version of the character.

I'm pretty sure Julian and Wally eat it this season. I think Wally dies so that iris can be cold towards Barry next year. Can't have two happy seasons in a row.

Wouldn't be shocked if they found a way to separate Killer Frost and Caitlyn (sp?)

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd bet on Julian dying or going villain and them starting a sample diane romance with Caitlin and Cisco the way it feels... or VIBES.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Captain Cold is really a great character. I'd be good with Iris dying permanently even though she has gotten much better. Also a major logic gap for me in all of this is why the fuck doesn't he call Supergirl in? We've seen that he can reach out to her before and they even gave her the means for her to come over. Pretty sure she'd be a big asset! At least give us an excuse like they showed with Team Arrow.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I think calling Supergirl anytime they ran into a big bad would just be repetitive. Cause it'd have to be every season.

I'd be alright with Iris dying as well. But I don't think it'll happen. They've killed too many important people to Barry already.

HR still blows. This romance deal with the scientist is obnoxious.

Show has picked up well the last few episodes. Looking forward to the finale.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree it would be super repetitive and I wouldn't like it at all but they introduced the plot hole into the show and it is something that has to be addressed. They address it with Team Arrow all the time quite well.

The one thing that annoys me more than anything is how Barry lets every fucking person he meets know he's the Flash. Someone should make a list because it has to be like 30 people now. It isn't a secret identity at this point.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
It feels like the season's set up a lot of arcs that are finally paying off (Caitlin to Killer Frost among others) but at the same time it felt like the majority of the season was stagnant/just biding its time for these final few episodes which hurt the pacing a lot IMO.

I'm not a fan of the Wells/Chick relationship but it feels like they needed something so they threw that in there. Same for the Cisco/Killer Frost encounter in the forest.

I thought more would be done with Julian's character but that never really happened after the "big" reveal occurred, which kinda sucks. Wally also has become somewhat forgettable after a brief piece of character development that ended up nowhere.

My issues largely revolve around it feeling like a big cast with nothing to do this season except waiting for Iris to die. It was a decent plot concept and them rushing through Flashpoint to get Barry back hurt the pacing IMO. Should have had that go 2-3 episodes then his coming back and its effects could be another 2 episodes then introduce Savitar a couple episodes later. That would've gotten them through about 7 episodes and they could've dragged the reveal that Savitar kills Iris out until the midway point of the season, say episode 12 or 13. Then it would've made for a better transition as the group tries to rush and find a way to save her until the final 3-4 episodes.

Felt like they did Flashpoint, revealed Savitar, then boom the Iris dies plotline came about in like episode 4 or 5 and from then on that was the primary focus (outside the awesome Grodd 2 parter).

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Just watched this week's episode and agree with most. Interesting theory I just read
HR switched spots with Iris doing that disguise as her thing during the cannon fight

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Barry really needs to suffer some serious permanent consequences from all this time traveling because he just won't stop. And yeah if I was him I'd be tempted but God damn

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I'm ho-hum on the finale. They ended season 1 with a big hole and danger in the sky. Rinse and repeat.

Barry will be back within a few episodes. So there's no real tension about him being gone.

The speed force needs a prisoner? Really? It didn't have a prisoner before Savitar, right?

HR sucked. Even in a sacrificial death he sucked. No teary goodbye there.

They namedopped The Thinker twice this season. So I guess that's next year's villain.

Once Barry was revealed to be Savitar I never really felt like he was a threat. Can't explain it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Went to find a Flash thread and discovered the first three seasons had their own threads and no one made one or discussed Season 4. I don't think I am the only one on the board still watching. Perosnally I think Flash is the best of all the CW DC shows - though I was too behind on Arrow and haven't watched that outside the crossover episodes.

Posted some Supergirl news from Comic Con in that thread but Flash news started coming out tonight too.

Season 5 big bad will be another non-Speedster, thank goodness. They will be using Cicada and even more exciting, Cicada will be portrayed by legendary actor CHRIS KLEIN!

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I still watch. I didn’t bump any threads because I’ve done so in the past and no one seems to reply after.

I liked season 4 for the most part. I really liked the actor that played Devoe. I liked the idea of flash just going up against someone with superior intellect... then they made him mega-powered and he was a lot less interesting.

Flash is still the best of the bunch. Although Legends had a nice bounce back year. Looking forward to the next season.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Definitely agree on your Devoe assessment. Early on it was cool but got tiresome once he started merging all the bus metas. Also was a little bummed that Ralph is gone. Think he would've been a good recurring character.

After I posted this thread, I discovered that there were a bunch of trailers for the new seasons of these shows released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNvFeCRMoc

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Barry pulled Ralph back at the end. Devoe took over Ralph’s physical form. Ralph was able to get it back at the end of the season... if I’m remembering things right.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Ah, i guess I may need to go back and rewatch. I actually can't remember much of the finale other than the tease with the daughter that had been getting built to.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
It was a weak finale. I don’t even remember how they bested Devoe. That was just kind of a wet fart.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Right. This year kinda fizzled toward the end. I think I started tuning out a lot once Devoe took Ralph and had some of it on as background during other stuff I was doing around the house.

This season brings Episode 100 as well, as an interesting milestone for the franchise.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Catching up on some of these now, I know the look in the comics is similar at times but I felt Rag Doll really leaned into the Michael Myers vibe. Kinda interesting that they cast that contortionist with Phil LaMar doing the voice when I looked it up, due to some of the movements there.

Guess due to the character and the vibe they gave him but this really felt like a Halloween episode, though it aired two weeks after.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I’ve liked the new season for the most part. This version of Wells is better than I thought it would be. But holy crap, Chris Klein is so bad. He had more dialogue this week than usual and it was cringy hearing his I’m angry voice.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
When he was cast, all I could think of was that Chun Li Street Fighter performance that was an all-time bad performance and yeah, it has pretty much been that. Was thinking the character would be written to play to that but to this point, the character could've been much more interesting with an actor with better dramatic chops. So basically any other American Pie alumni would've done. But I agree, overall I think this year has been pretty solid.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Reminder that the 3 episode run of Elseworlds kicked off last night with The Flash. IIRC tonight is Arrow and then tomorrow is Supergirl?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That’s right. Flash and Supergirl switched timeslots for the event.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I've greatly enjoyed the two Elseworlds episodes I've seen. I think I liked The Flash one more (lots of legitimate laughs) though just seeing Gotham City on my TV was a real treat. Still have the Supergirl ep to finish.

A real highlight's been seeing how the actors do little things in the background of conversations e.g. Barry/Oliver arguing or reacting.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet but which earth are Gotham and Batwoman part of?