Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Grand Tour - On Amazon Prime w/ Top Gear's Hammond, May, and Clarkson

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime with Hammond, May, and Clarkson

Reminder that this drops today on Amazon Prime! So stoked...

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: The Grand Tour - 11/18 on Amazon Prime w/ Top Gear's Hammond, May, and Clarkson

It was great stuff. It's UK's Top Gear just done under a different title although it seems new episodes will be appearing every Friday and it's being hosted at new locales every week. Looks like 13 episodes total.

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: The Grand Tour - 11/18 on Amazon Prime w/ Top Gear's Hammond, May, and Clarkson

Gonna have to get Prime to watch this. :(

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

The 2 parter Beach (Buggy) Boys was INSANE stuff, going through the Namib desert and those sheer dune falls, god damn.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score

Watching them strugglebus across some faraway land has made me want to travel more than any other program. The spot they found at the end of the Namibia two-parter looked like some kind of fantasy setting.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Season 2 is starting December 8th!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: The Grand Tour - S2 12/8 Amazon Prime w/ Top Gear's Hammond, May, and Clarkson

Season 3 started up. So excited over the Columbia Special. I've also read starting in S4 they'll move away from the tent/show format and go more to general specials and random locales.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: The Grand Tour - S2 12/8 Amazon Prime w/ Top Gear's Hammond, May, and Clarkson

Season 4 is back with a boat based special through Cambodia and Vietnam!

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Harley Quinn said:
Season 4 is back with a boat based special through Cambodia and Vietnam!

And it was wonderful. I was in stitches when
Clarksons GPS stopped working and they got lost/beached in the canals.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Re-watching some older UK Top Gear and that Season 9 episode when they have to go through Alabama with the painted slogans on their cars... wouldn't have done that for $5 Million back then.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Season 5's started with them kicking off things in Scandinavian... fuck yeah!

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Best part of the Scandi special, and the best part of most of these specials, is when shit happens that they were in no way prepared for, which in this case was numerous crashes of a poor, poor Evo. Like, I even found the parking lot ice bit to be way more fun than Hammond getting sent down the ski hill, because I knew it was a scripted, presumably safe, bit of work.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Best part of the Scandi special, and the best part of most of these specials, is when shit happens that they were in no way prepared for, which in this case was numerous crashes of a poor, poor Evo. Like, I even found the parking lot ice bit to be way more fun than Hammond getting sent down the ski hill, because I knew it was a scripted, presumably safe, bit of work.
The Evo was hilarious in an "OMG James May's gonna die" way... the ice fall/rescue may've been my favorite bit in the entire episode.