Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Incoming Biden Presidency

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
909 said in chat awhile ago btw the Rahm stuff was rumors being circulated by Rahm himself and Biden was never planning to appoint him. Which is pretty funny.

Pete is a very intelligent man and the fact he is multi-lingual helps a lot. I don't like a LOT of his politics but I'd rather have someone like that in China than the kind of people trump was appointing as ambassadors.

This is very interesting.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
909 said in chat awhile ago btw the Rahm stuff was rumors being circulated by Rahm himself and Biden was never planning to appoint him. Which is pretty funny.

Pete is a very intelligent man and the fact he is multi-lingual helps a lot. I don't like a LOT of his politics but I'd rather have someone like that in China than the kind of people trump was appointing as ambassadors.

I'll stipulate to all of this, and also say that I am also enjoying the optics of it, as I, too, can relate to wanting to send Pete Buttigieg to the other side of the world.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
he should never have promised it because even before COVID it was obvious you can't do all of this on Day 1, after COVID it was beyond obvious. It doesn't make it ok just like Republican obstuctionism doesn't make the faulure to close Gitmo ok.

Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW it said 100 days on his website and not day one

The only thing on there that said it will be ended day one was family separation.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

909 pointed out in chat when we talking about this that his official platform has it as 100 days. I do remember him saying a lot of day one stuff as well.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the first 100 days to turn into the first 365 then the first 1000 then just get forgotten about.

Biden never lied to us the student debt thing. He outright said he had no empathy for the young almost a year ago.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
**screams from the back as he's done to most Dem candidates since reaching voting age**

What about workers' rights and liveable wages?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What better way to address criticisms of being corporate neoliberal shills than appointing the guy who turned Boston into a millionaires winter playground?

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Like Mr Fuji on Thanksgiving 1988, Bernie Sanders has TURNED on progressives by insisting he not be named Labor Secretary and thus re-lose control of the senate.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Lmao that preview, it says Biden is probably gonna spend literally trillions in stimulus, about a half a trillion in 2k checks.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
$15 minimum wage, $2k stimulus checks, getting vaccines delivered everywhere...just more of the SAME CHUD stuff.

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't post it because of a paywall but Biden is announcing a huge stimulus package tomorrow. With the checks. Also possibly including $250-300 a month per child UBI disguised as a tax credit for kids in poor/lower middle class households. They can pass this through reconciliation if they have to so only 50 votes are required.

I meant to post this a few days ago as well but I've been reading Obama's book and Biden is much more likely to respond far more aggressively to Republican obstruction than Obama did. He would also regularly doubt the Pentagon and their plans, constantly questioning them about everything and believing strongly that everyone was just out to fuck Obama over. It'll be interesting to see how all this goes because we haven't had a Democratic president with this kind of aggressive temper in a long time. Regardless of what he says in public, the book tells its own story.

Last edited:

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm so glad he won. Last November was just not the time to, out of privilege, play the silly "both sides are the same" game, or waste their votes, or whatever. I'm grateful for all the work that Abrams and so many others have done, and continue to do, to flip the Senate. I am confidently happy in advance that Pelosi will get this necessary stimulus through the House. And I think Schumer will get the 50 votes even if he has to do not nice things to Manchin to make it happen.

The vast majority of Americans knew what needed to happen in the last election. This experiment in celebrity presidents and fascism is dead. Good and decent people across this land took it behind the barn. The key battleground states dug the hole and dumped the dirt. And Georgia carved the epitaph.

It will never be perfect. But things can and, I truly believe, will get better. Not better for the elites and the losers consumed with status and hate. But better for the vast majority of people who need their lives to improve.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
It will never be perfect. But things can and, I truly believe, will get better. Not better for the elites and the losers consumed with status and hate. But better for the vast majority of people who need their lives to improve.
We said that under Clinton. Things got worse.

We said that under Obama. Things got worse.

I'll believe it when I see it, and will gladly eat crow if it happens.