Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H10_sZVnN4
https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1261664545359233027

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Imagine thinking you're right about so many things, looking into the mirror, and then realizing you're Jim Cornette.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
That Becky Lynch podcast segment, with Last being the more reasonable human emotionally, could have used the Curb theme.

Lynch is 33, so she better use the oven now. Maybe her and Seth are more Bryan Danielson like fiscal conservatives and haven't blown their big checks? Plus, one would assume Lynch is still going to get her downside money at least until the company can PR her into a Legends-type deal gracefully.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Brodypedia said:
Lynch is 33, so she better use the oven now. Maybe her and Seth are more Bryan Danielson like fiscal conservatives and haven't blown their big checks? Plus, one would assume Lynch is still going to get her downside money at least until the company can PR her into a Legends-type deal gracefully.
Pretty much my thought as well. The basic take of make your money while you can before you start a family isn't necessarily a bad take, but of course Jim went way too far in his disgust of the situation because he can't help himself.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Getting upset over people being emotional over most popular women's wrestler in WWE history announcing her pregnancy (which was announced publicly in a legitimately touching way) is a galaxy brained take even for Cornette...

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
That's a fucked up thing to say but oh my god am I stealing it.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jim is just a sad guy.

He should be glad that there's anyone left that gives a fuck about wrestling enough to get worked up about a wrestler getting pregnant.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not subscribed to his youtube videos but because I watch so much other wrestling, no matter how many times I click the thingie, his stuff pops up (I use the same account across phone, computer, TV app, PS4 app and the recommended is different on each platform).

I'm at this point with Cornette. His personal opinions and his way of expressing them are generally gross. He is not a good human being, either by gimmick or shoot. His approach to modern wrestling is horribly out of touch, and he really doesn't give a lot of wiggle room for anything that doesn't fit inside of his box.

BUT (ugh) his wrestling history stuff contains valuable stuff, that if there's other commentators that were there at the same time I'd rather hear their takes. But Cornette has mentioned shows in my home town in his old school stories so it's hard for me to not click any of his road stories. But if it's "Cornette reacts to Backlash 2020" hard pass. "Cornette on the Gulf Coast territories in the 80s" I'll click.

But Jesus, guys, if y'all have any one else on your playlist with comparable knowledge, history, and accuracy and less of a stink attached to them, PLEASE school me.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
The only problem about history is when he asks Brian Last about certain details. Brian wasn't in the wrestling industry in the 50's to present. How would he know. Also, there was a segment where he was asked about Vince McMahon and he couldn't answer some of those because he hasn't worked for the WWE in more than a decade.

The Thread Killer

Get off my damn lawn
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
The only problem about history is when he asks Brian Last about certain details. Brian wasn't in the wrestling industry in the 50's to present. How would he know.

I don't like Brian Last, I think he's a smug, condescending asshole with a big ego.

But...credit where it is due, Last does know a great deal about Pro Wrestling History. He's very well read on the subject, he apparently has a vintage and classic Pro Wrestling memorabilia collection that rivals Cornette, (including some items that Cornette covets) and Brian Last has done a truckload of research on classic Pro Wrestling. He has interviewed countless historians, authors and Pro Wrestlers for his 6:05 Superpodcast and the other shows on the Acadian Vanguard network of podcasts. He has worked with guys like Tim Hornbaker who literally wrote the book on the history of the territorial system in Pro Wrestling in North America. Last works closely with Ron Fuller, who as a member of the Welch family was highly involved in the development and evolution of so-called "Southern Style" Pro Wrestling. (If you're interested in classic Pro Wrestling history you can't do much better than Ron Fuller's "Studcast.")

Like I said, I don't like the man but he knows his shit, I'll give him that.

eviluno

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
Credit where credit is due, Lasto is first clasto when it comes to the rasslin history. He is a necessary evil.

That is why he is in the Jim Cornette Zone.

Thank Lord Satan it isn't you. He suffers for you and me.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
grooming and all the other stuff is evil no matter what and I don't want to sound like its more acceptable when the people are attractive but...its even worse when they're ugly. #terribleopinion

Dandy

Reaction score
That thread brings up Cornette’s attorney, Stephen P. New. Steve is a friend of mine that from the same small town as me and went to the same college as me. He is a huge wrestling fan and tremendous guy.

Carry on.

BorneAgain

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess the real Outlaw Mud Show was in Cornette's hot tub all along.

Last edited:

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Taking me a few to get used to the new way of doing images.

nothing resembling a denial there.

Dandy

Reaction score
I spoke personally to someone that was at OVW and said that it was common knowledge and that there is much worse than what was posted.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
It's long been known Cornette is a freak. If you go all the way back to DX eating banana's when he was on commentary it's because there was supposedly a video that was around of Corny pleasuring himself/getting pegged with one.

On the Bruce Prichard podcast he even vaguely alludes to Corny being into weird shit. He mentions how Corny had a room painted entirely black in his house in Connecticut and that weird shit happened there.

Corny himself has been open about fondly reminiscing about the days of ring rats. And mentioned he was mad when Stan Lane threw away his picture book of conquests instead of giving it to Corny.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am shocked SHOCKED that someone with anger issues and an overly descriptive imagination would be a sex pest.