Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Jim Cornette Zone

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Ea136eeWkAEYZje

At 0:28, Santino calls Good Old Corny a rapist and says he saw "the video." He also calls Cornette a "degenerate."

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Listening to the podcast that dropped today. 30 minutes in and Sounds like Jim is admitting to swinging, but saying it was never in any relation to anyone’s career advancement.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just listened to this now. Jim sure went out of his way to make sure he said his wife wasn't a part of the current product so his shitty remarks about Becky Lynch and Dana Brooke could be separated from what people are saying about her.

I am kind of curious how Jim feels about the Bolins. He is so quick to throw out lawsuits and Stephen P. New's name, but did not brag about how lawsuit happy he usually is. Discovery is tough.....

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the things he says about Dana especially are so vile. He isn't just going after her as a worker so I don't think that's valid at all but I don't expect him to get it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Question for one of TSM's legal beagles. Copyright issues aside, couldn't a shirt like this be construed as a threat? It'd be funny if Jim Cornette used the "THESE FUCKIN' DEATH MATCH FUCKS ARE THREATENIN' ME! GOD DAMN!" considering how much he fun of Russo for filing a restraining order. Which is probably why he went the copyright route instead of threat route.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Question for one of TSM's legal beagles. Copyright issues aside, couldn't a shirt like this be construed as a threat? It'd be funny if Jim Cornette used the "THESE FUCKIN' DEATH MATCH FUCKS ARE THREATENIN' ME! GOD DAMN!" considering how much he fun of Russo for filing a restraining order. Which is probably why he went the copyright route instead of threat route.

Maybe, but I don't think it would go beyond them just agreeing to stop selling the shirt.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
So the rest of you don't have to dig:
G-Raver got off due to it being a parody, in much the same way that Larry Flynt was able to run an ad featuring Reverend Jerry Falwell talking about having incestual relations with his mother in a copy of Hustler. It pretty much went the way I figured it would, as the image was a caricature and not a direct photograph, in addition to it featuring a message directly related to the target of the caricature.

Nope. G-Raver (and his attorney) went into detail about the violent depictions.
1. The violence itself is due to G-Raver's career as a deathmatch wrestler, amplified by Cornette's vocal distaste for the style.
2. The tattoo needles being the weapon being used is due to those being his trademark weapon during his matches, thus on brand.
3. The duct tape was to signify that Cornette should "stop talking" about deathmatch wrestling.

There isn't a direct call for harm against Cornette, particularly not in the way that Corny has targeted at others (like Russo) himself, so it can't be taken as a threat. Municipal Waste has a shirt of Trump blowing his brains out, every remotely political punk band in the 80s had something similar about Reagan, Gwar has killed dozens of celebrities on stage, etc.

Last edited:

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
"... It dilutes the gene pool" ... "She's alright. She's alright."

That clip, man. I didn't even really get the tangent that went on afterwards like they're complaining about women's wrestling in Japan being "16 of 'em and they all have belts"? Yet US Wrestling has just one on Raw/NXT/etc. and that's more than enough in their eyes.

tumblr_pa11955OQG1wyhvrfo5_500.gifv

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Any time I see Cornette trending, my mom telling me when I was 8; "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." reverberates through my head.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
MJF is more over in 2021 than the Midnights were in 1989.

Fuck you, Jimmy.