Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Trump's Post Presidency Thread

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I was expecting this to happen. Even if he has shaped his relationship as friendship and not politics, there is no way to not look bad with associating with Trump after the Capitol incident.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

b2_zps83172cd7.gif

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
It's already over. The one good thing about the riot/traitors is it effectively ends the Trump family as viable candidates. I know similar sentiments have been said multiple times over the last 6 years. But, I just don't see any way any of them could win a general election at this point. I could see some of them winning a primary, especially in select states for something like a Senate seat. But, if you look at the polls only 40-45% of Republicans support what happened on Wednesday. Bottom line is 80% of the population is ready for this to be over at this point And I don't see in 4 or 8 or 12 years people looking to go back.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Been quite a few people to surprise me with integrity the past week. Whether they just found it or it was in hiding all along, I'm grateful to see it now. Patriots fans can rightly be proud of Belichick.

And I completely agree with your above post @geniusMoment

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Friend of mine went drop in on a local business owner we know, since he was in the area checking on us. He couldn't regret it any faster. He said within the first two minutes the business owner was squawking support for the assault and regretting not being there. Dude's two main staff are a married gay couple that used his venue for their reception and he's bellowing trump shit in front of one of them and my friend. And this was a small 10 minute window, imagine what he does with the other 23 hours 50 minutes in his day.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He has not, however, said if he will actually vote to remove or that he will work with Schumer to move up proceedings. After his floor speech(es) last Wednesday, it is possible that he does both of the above correct things. But, as of the time of this post, he hasn't stated that he will yet.

Liz Cheney, one of the highest ranking GOP House members, has stated that she will vote to impeach.

Sen Tim Scott, on the other hand, has gone on the record today stating that he will continue to lick Trump's old butthole.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The tally of Republicans who will vote to impeach has grown to 6.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Voting has begun for impeachment. 9 Republicans have voted "yes" so far.

Shock news: during debating, the vast majority of Republicans continued to worship Trump and stand angrily opposed to America.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Voting has begun for impeachment. 9 Republicans have voted "yes" so far.

Shock news: during debating, the vast majority of Republicans continued to worship Trump and stand angrily opposed to America.
Several also tried to cry about "unity" and how Trump would only be in office for a week anyway so, ya know, who cares am I right?

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The big baby bitch should've never fucked with Baltimore.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I have a former coworker (maybe 30) who I’m Facebook friends with who’s just 100% all in with the Trump conspiracy madness. I know it’s going around a lot on Facebook, but it’s gone from “what did this dummy post,” to where I think he’s had an honest to god mental break and it’s super uncomfortable. People won’t call him on his craziness because he’s had legit trauma in his past which has lead to a real botched suicide attempt. So he gets handled with baby gloves a bit.

I know this isn’t adding anything to the conversation. But I I don’t have a live journal anymore, and it’s just on my mind.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Last five years has broken a lot of people’s senses of reality, on both sides really but particularly and more dangerously on the right.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
As great as it is that he'll be impeached, etc. It's better that all the companies are pulling their financing especially places like Deutsche Bank as that'll piss off and humiliate Trump way more post-Presidency. Given his leaning on his "Business Man"/"Great Dealer" character, being stained as such a 'red flag' re: financial liability is arguably a better way to take him down several notches.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They're all good ways. Donors and banks shutting off the spigots, losing by more than 7 million votes, impeached again by a bipartisan vote, all are right and deserved consequences. I'd like to see criminal charges, (more) bankruptcy, and a 'no fly' list designation added. All while he whines into the void of no audience.

Staff member
Reaction score

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have a former coworker (maybe 30) who I’m Facebook friends with who’s just 100% all in with the Trump conspiracy madness. I know it’s going around a lot on Facebook, but it’s gone from “what did this dummy post,” to where I think he’s had an honest to god mental break and it’s super uncomfortable. People won’t call him on his craziness because he’s had legit trauma in his past which has lead to a real botched suicide attempt. So he gets handled with baby gloves a bit.

I know this isn’t adding anything to the conversation. But I I don’t have a live journal anymore, and it’s just on my mind.

Sorry for going OTT, but this is an interesting topic in my opinion. Tiptoeing around people or even issues we have with ourselves because of trauma or other bad things that have happened to people. And how not addressing it can have them hurt themselves or others.