The LOL At Nu-Metal thread

Brocklock

Integral Poster
From 1997 to around 02/03, Nu-Metal was huge and I loved it. I remember being 14 and debating on a random message board as to who's the better band between Korn and Led Zeppelin. I thought the Korn slap bass style was way better than "When the Levee Breaks". Here's a thread where TRTSM posts the lamest Nu-Metal songs that you know you listened to.

P.S., my 37 year old brother still listens to most of this shit.

Metallica - Invisible Kid | with lyrics
Once, Hetfield's vocals kick in, I'm pissing my self.

Limp Bizkit Break Stuff uncensored

Korn - Y'all want a single [Lyrics]

papa roach - Gouge Away (Bonus Track) - Lovehatetragedy
 

Brocklock

Integral Poster
You Didn't Say the Magic Word said:
One of the guys in Saliva is a registered sex offender.

Is it this guy?



I love reading the ages of the guys in Nu-Metal bands. The guy in that picture is 39, Fred Durst is like 42 and Jonathon Davis turned 40 this year. That still don't stop them unleashing their great lyrics all over America.

Korn (Featuring Skrillex) - Get Up! Lyric Video

Limp Bizkit - Gold Cobra
 

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
The new Limp Bizkit album is so fucking awful. The entire first half are songs where Fred is telling people who thought they couldn't make a come to fuck off. It's really shitty.

I got into Korn when their first album came out in 1994. I still listen to them and I'm still a fan of them. The rest of those bands, I hardly listened to then and don't listen to now.
 

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
I'll always have a soft spot for Korn. Im not digging the most recent 2 albums, but love the old stuff.
 
I went to Sonisphere this summer, and was flabbergasted at how many people were there to see Slipknot. I did not realize they still had so many fans. Somebody even tried to tell me that Slipknot was not a gimmick, without me even calling them a gimmick. Defensive much?

Also, Disturbed makes me laugh; I used to work with a guy who was big into black/death metal, and someone told him that if he wanted to listen to something *really* heavy, he should listen to Disturbed. He just laughed in the guy's face.
 

Brocklock

Integral Poster
BACKSTABBER said:
Made in TAIWAN said:
Damn the late 90s was a real shitty time
the last 5 years of mainstream rap are up there with it.​

I was going to make a thread for posting lame songs from the last 5 years of mainstream rap, but I guess that's what The Rap/Hip-Hop thread is for.



BING!

Here's the one nu-metal band even I thought was ghey.

Crazy Town~ Lollipop Porn

Crazy Town- Darkside

What's weird is that the music is actually way better than most Nu-Metal, they just happen to have one of the worst vocalists ever and some of the lamest lyrics ever.
 

BUTT

Kreese
Quite an appropriate title for that last Methods of Mayhem song.

I still maintain that Crazy Town's "Butterfly" is the worst #1 single ever, worse than "Fireflies," worse than Ja Rule.
 

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Sensei John Kreese said:
Quite an appropriate title for that last Methods of Mayhem song.

I still maintain that Crazy Town's "Butterfly" is the worst #1 single ever, worse than "Fireflies," worse than Ja Rule.

It is one of those horrific songs that can get a laugh when I randomly sing it in front of my friends.

Here's death metal pioneers turned nu-metal washouts, Morbid Angel

Morbid Angel - Radikult (Illud Divinum Insanus - 2011)

One of my favorite metal bands releasing an album worse than V-Ice is shameful.
 

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Ed said:
BACKSTABBER said:
Made in TAIWAN said:
Damn the late 90s was a real shitty time
the last 10 years of mainstream rap are up there with it.​

Well the first half of the decade did feature three Jay-Z classics, The College Dropout, some Outkast classics, DMX had some good shit, and Marshall Mathers LP/Eminem Show. That should save itself from being mentioned in the same breath as 05-11. Terrible shit like Nelly, Ja Rule, Diddy, Chingy, Lil' Jon, and too a much lesser extent 50 Cent polluted the mainstream. I would still take them over some of the shit that the mainstream's been loving in the past 6 years.

Mainstream rape could get saved cause there ain't no stopping Tyler The Creator and he's gonna get bigger and bigger the next few years. If Death Grips somehow breaks into the quasi-mainstream, I'll go up to a random person on the street and :-*.
 

Laz

0101100101
The shyte part about Slipknot is that the first minute or two of every song is surprisingly decent metal, but then...ugh...it just devolves into pop garbage. I used to be big into them when the s/t came out and still even like a few songs (namely "Heretic Anthem" and the album version of "My Plague," as well as "Psychosocial" for how deliciously they rip off "Ride the Lightning"'s main riff), but man...once I got into Slayer and Nile? All I used to do is rag on the people I knew who still listened to them.

Some more garbage.
Mudvayne - Not Falling

(Hed) Planet Earth - Bartender

Now Or Never - Dope
(still a guilty pleasure, and the first album is surprisingly decent)
 

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Corey_Lazarus said:
The shyte part about Slipknot is that the first minute or two of every song is surprisingly decent metal, but then...ugh...it just devolves into pop garbage. I used to be big into them when the s/t came out and still even like a few songs (namely "Heretic Anthem" and the album version of "My Plague," as well as "Psychosocial" for how deliciously they rip off "Ride the Lightning"'s main riff), but man...once I got into Slayer and Nile? All I used to do is rag on the people I knew who still listened to them.

Did you listen to the vid of Slipknot without Corey Taylor? It's very mindblowing. The dead bass player was insane on that song.
 
Mainstream rap died when Soulja Boy encouraged all these fags to wear skinny jeans and make beats on cell phones. There was some good shit in 05-06. I remember 2007 really as the beginning of this decline.
 

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
New Girl said:
Ed said:
BACKSTABBER said:
Made in TAIWAN said:
Damn the late 90s was a real shitty time
the last 10 years of mainstream rap are up there with it.​

Well the first half of the decade did feature three Jay-Z classics, The College Dropout and Marshall Mathers LP/Eminem Show. That should save itself from being mentioned in the same breath as 05-11.

Ja Rule and Nelly were pretty damn popular in the early 2000s, though.

Everyone has their own theory on when and why mainstream rap died, though. For me, I just remember hating pretty much everything that came out starting in 2002.
 
Top