Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The LOL At Nu-Metal thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
2F5936FB-97DF-4B20-A3D6-332BBFC8C5BA.jpeg
I bet all of @Laz ’s most insufferable high school friends that still live in MA will be here.

astonishing this bill isn’t at the Worcester Palladium. Those high brow Boston folks don’t appreciate great music like this.

Wait a minute. Isn’t Wayne Static dead!? Who the hell wants to see Static X without him!?

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I'm also amazed that Fear Factory will be playing because, last I knew, they're having another huge mess of a legal battle over which member owns how much of the IP and are due what royalties.

I will say that Mushroomhead puts on a great live show.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
View attachment 875
I bet all of @Laz ’s most insufferable high school friends that still live in MA will be here.

astonishing this bill isn’t at the Worcester Palladium. Those high brow Boston folks don’t appreciate great music like this.

Wait a minute. Isn’t Wayne Static dead!? Who the hell wants to see Static X without him!?
It literally says MEMORIAL TRIBUTE FOR WAYNE STATIC.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had to zoom in after I posted that to see that in tiny lettering! They are burying the lede just like they had to bury Wayne Static!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The singer from Dope wears a zombie Wayne Static mask and sings for them. It also helps Dope get booked on shows with them. Double pay day.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I thought the 2nd one was decent too (at the time of course) but that's where my Dope fandom ended. Haven't really listened to them in over a decade and have no realy desire too.

"Debonaire" gets me hyped everytime though.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Also, who is going to be singing for Fear Factory? Their singer quit on not-so-great terms not too long ago. Please God don't give Dino a mic...

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
I will say that Mushroomhead puts on a great live show.
My biggest memory of that band is that they appear in the mid/late 2000s horror movie "The Rage". Is the movie any good?
0SB5F6t.gif

It's a big guilty pleasure, which is to say no it's not good.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man, even ICP knew that the Confederate Flag was trash in like 1992. GTFOH Mushroomhead.

Not nu metal related but this showed up in suggested articles.
Damn. KISS lads have another bad take, @The Art of Postin' !

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Disturbed & The Darkness is one of those "What the hell were they thinking?" bills.

Mental image of someone spitting a piece of gum into another person's mouth is v. funny though.