Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The LOL At Nu-Metal thread

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Didn't Fishbone have some of the clicky click bass that Korn uses. I need to brush up on Fishbone.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Documentary on Fishbone that was narrated by Laurence Fishburne from six or seven years ago is pretty dang good.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Not sure how many will listen, but the new Korn album, The Nothing, is fantastic, and getting great reviews. I'm a long time fan, as I first started following them in 1994, so I'm a bit bias. I haven't hated any of the albums, some obviously better than others, but this is a hell of an album. If you're a fan, I can say, you'll most likely love it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A couple of my friends, who I consider kind of hipster-y (although one of them is a huge rasslin fan too), were publicly talking unironically about how big of KoRn fans they were today and I guess now I know why. :eek:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/maggieserota/status/1185996505066496002
Can someone change this folder's subtitle to "heavy music for underground fans"?

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Sad thing is that the writer wasn't entirely wrong, if you don't count the hardcore and death/black metal scenes. 3 Dollar Bill isn't as poppy or slick as the rest and sounds different enough.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saliva is playing with Trapt and Tantric at an events center outside Bangor the same night as WrestleMania.

So much overlap between those fanbases. WTH?

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Boomer Kamala said:
Saliva is playing with Trapt and Tantric at an events center outside Bangor the same night as WrestleMania.

So much overlap between those fanbases. WTH?
A month or two ago, the remaining members of Static X (with Dope as one of the bands opening for them) were in Columbus for a tour that was commemorating "Wisconsin Death Trip" and as a tribute to Wayne Static. Looking at Saliva, Trapt and Tantric still being around, Static X having a reunion (and that Coal Chamber reunion from a while back) is a reminder that some of these bands never broke up and are continuing to record music and perform live. It also make me realize that there seems to be a sense of nostalgia for these kinds of bands, which to me feels like an end point for 90's nostalgia and the inevitable nostalgia for the 00's, which is not something I look forward to.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Disturbed and Staind are touring together this summer commemorating 20 years of the former's debut album, "The Sickness".

Chalk this up for another show I'd be all over if this were 2001.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Winter Epicland said:
Disturbed and Staind are touring together this summer commemorating 20 years of the former's debut album, "The Sickness".

Chalk this up for another show I'd be all over if this were 2001.
Yep, 2000s nostalgia has officially begun. Also, Aaron Lewis is a big Trump guy now, though the dude from Disturbed isn't (he is a Libertarian though, or so I think) More than anything, I find it more embarrassing that it's 2020 and there are people who are willing to see Saliva live.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
numetalrevivaltour2020top_638.jpg

Why?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/saliva-powerman-5000-adema-and-flaw-to-team-up-for-nu-metal-revival-2020-tour/

Apparently I can't edit posts anymore.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/03/in-a-time-of-crisis-a-panicked-nation-comes-together-to-watch-nu-metal-band-trapt-melt-down-on-twitter.html

Trapt with the most press they've gotten in over 15 years showing support for Trump. 2020 is weird.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Winter Epicland said:
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/03/in-a-time-of-crisis-a-panicked-nation-comes-together-to-watch-nu-metal-band-trapt-melt-down-on-twitter.html

Trapt with the most press they've gotten in over 15 years showing support for Trump. 2020 is weird.
I guess when it comes to Twitter, they aren't...Headstrong. Also

4mKBMXm.gif

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Update on Trapt: a member of Power Trip (who are actually a good band) has challenged him a crowd size challenge for charity, their singer got in a Twitter spat with a member of Trivium and insulted every Metalcore band in existence, a parody Twitter account has popped up and their singer (who is named Chris Brown BTW) is threatening to sue. Here is a Tweet from said Twitter account

https://twitter.com/TRAAPTOFFICIAL/status/1244635616010256384

a bonus from a different account

https://twitter.com/senseilaraw/status/1244452189323571201

Pelicans_Fan_H

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
When I was hanging at the mall trying to meet chicks at the nordstrom's I met this girl kacey who was a total see-you-next-tuesday but was hot as fuck. looked just like Nina hartley way bvack. So we're talkin anf flirting and eventually I "talked" her into giving me a blowjob in the bathroom next to sbarros and the mall was CRANKING evenessence. she told me that the perfect blow-j was doin it to the beat of "Bring Me to life" and it was the best. She was right! Ive been a fan ever since, and knew this girl namednevaeh who was a good friend to my cousin's dad and we got a lit at this house party (this was all before Mrs PFH) and she looked just like the singer from evanessance so i'm starting to think about how that could "go down" if you weeeell. we got to Fooling around and I told her it was better to blow to the beat from bring me to life but she thought i meant "my Immortal" and it was just a total waste of time like she tried but the happy ching chong wasnt spittin' up the navy. I was young and pissed off so when we all passed out in my coustin's living room i took a picture of myself giving her a roman soldier helmet (where you put your dick and balls on someones head and it looks like a roman soldier helmet natch). i don't know what happened to that pic if youre going to ask because the next day I dropped my nokia into the toilet of a kmart and you do NOT go diggin for things in a kmart ytoilet. she has aids now i heard which is really sad

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
The Trapt stuff is hilarious, but I really wish Power Trip would leave this shit alone and just keep releasing awesome thrash albums. There's only a handful of genuinely good US thrash acts nowadays, particularly ones that aren't just aping 80s nostalgia, and the dude's coming across as a whinier Phil Anselmo with these tweets.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I stumbled into this Trapt Magacunt thing totally by accident on twitter. He shit on Dance Gavin Dance and the band retweeted it.

Arguing with the singer of Trapt on twitter would be fun if he were any good at it. His insults are lame as shit without any creativity. And it’s the only account like this where they people talking shit to him get way more likes than his replies.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The Trapt singer will reply to anyone that bashes him. If you check the tweets and replies tab it appears he just sits there all day and does nothing else.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
...Wisconsin Death Trip was right there for the name.

Imagining risking your life to go a see third rate nu metal revival festival in Ringle, Wisconsin

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
The fans of the third greatest Metallica tribute band "ONE" (They're no "Trapped under Sandman" or "...And Justice for Ktulu") will NOT be denied Kamala.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saliva, Trapt, and Tantric is still scheduled to happen in Hermon, Maine on July 30th btw. Maybe I should go and try and rile up Trapt's MAGA chud frontman. But then again, imagine getting COVID-19 cause you wanted to piss off the frontman for Trapt.

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'll defend Tantric. I still think their self-titled debut was one of the last, if not THE last, great mainstream rock albums and I'll fight anyone on that.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Saliva, Trapt, and Tantric is still scheduled to happen in Hermon, Maine on July 30th btw. Maybe I should go and try and rile up Trapt's MAGA chud frontman. But then again, imagine getting COVID-19 cause you wanted to piss off the frontman for Trapt.

Gregory Iron has been in a big back and forth with the lead singer on Twitter. The lead singer admitted he had no idea what cerebral palsy was and said that Greg was milking his fake disease for money and sympathy. Greg then put out this shirt and angered the lead singer even more. I bought the shirt and I'm waiting for delivery