Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Mega Man Thread

Thoth

Curleh Mustache~
Reaction score
Mega Man 10 Announced

dubq said:
I'm doing this on Normal to start.. who's a good first boss to go after? I tried Sheep Man but he kept owning me during the boss battle.. If I were 12 again I would've kicked all of their asses by now..

Sheep Man is the easiest. He's got a really easy pattern. I don't know what to tell you if you're having trouble (It's been two months, I bet you got him by now). I'm just posting also to say that beating the Extra Stages does give you a new weapon for each stage you beat, that can be used in any mode.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Mega Man 10 Announced

I just attempted this completely sober and seriously... what the fuck?

I know Mega Man 2 is known as being insanely hard and I have it ported onto my phone and I was breezing through that. Have these games reached Ninja Gaiden like levels of "making it hard just because"?

And don't get me started on the achievements. It's like they are laughing at people.

Scroby

Low rent Indy Referee
Reaction score
Mega Man 10 Announced

I beat Chill man first. He was pretty easy to beat with the regular blaster, but I think I also used a Energy tank to refil my life to make it easier.

After Chill man, i beat Nitro Man, and then Commando Man. I'm going after Blade Man next but I'm having trouble getting through his level. Fuck that mini boss castle thing.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Mega Man 10 Announced

After I switched to Easy I completed the game in about 70 minutes without using a continue and beating all bosses with my regular weapon.

The difference in difficulty between Easy and Normal is enough to drive a battleship filled with 300 buses through.

Oh well.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I love the part at the end with the "artists version" of Mega Man slipping and dying.

"Your world. Megafied." gives me the idea that this is going to be some sort of crazy Capcom/Mega Man version of Little Big Planet.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
P8280022.jpg

$6.36. Thank you Salvation Army.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wonder if Mega Man Online is going to finally bridge the gap between the original series and the X series.

ChrisMWaters

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mattdefcom said:
I wonder if Mega Man Online is going to finally bridge the gap between the original series and the X series.
If it actually comes out over here and not just Korea like is currently planned, I think it will.

Reaction score
I've always assumed that they'd never fill in the blanks between the original series and the X series, mostly because virtually everyone from the original series has to die for the X series to start.

Also, if I ever see that giant yellow one-eyed bastard storming around town like that, I'm killing myself. I *hate* that motherfucker.

Reaction score
That actually made me much more interested in this game. That looked pretty damned old-school (with updated graphics), but I'm still curious as to how they other characters will be handled.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Boo :(

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/31/mega-man-universe-canceled/

Mega Man Universe canceled

Capcom has posted an apology and notice of cancelation on the official Japanese website for Mega Man Universe, an odd DIY Mega Man game that was scheduled to launch on Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network later this year. The retro-styled platformer was a cheeky amalgam of remade Mega Man 2 levels, customizable characters (including the crooked caricature from the North American Mega Man 1 box art) and user-created levels.

According to Capcom's notice, the decision to extinguish Mega Man Universe was given impetus by "various circumstances." Those may involve the departure of Mega Man creator and Universe conceptual lead Keiji Inafune, who left Capcom in October 2010. We've requested further comment from Capcom.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Stopped in a video store today on the way home from work and a guy was buying Mega Man 5 for $70. Do they really all go for this much now? I thought it was just the SNES ones that were crazy expensive. Although they did have Mega Man X in the same case for just $20. Hoping to get X3 at some point but most people are wanting $200+ for it. I may just end up going for the Mega Man X Collection for Gamecube

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
For some reason 5 is the tough one to find. Buy it now prices on eBay are set around $100.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey, Mega Man 11 is announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0

Also, apparently another Mega Man X Collection will be released on the same platforms, though there seems to be some uncertainty if this is a collection or individual releases?

I have the PS2 collection, but honestly, I'd probably be up for buying it on Switch for the convenience factor.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I will preorder both. I'm glad they changed the art style for 11. Maybe they could reboot the X series later on.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I'm betting that's what the collection for X is for. To gauge if there's enough justification to do that.