Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Meltzer Thread

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PG-13 were better than the Bucks, tbh.
If more people watched their Memphis stuff, it wouldn't be that outlandish to people. PG-13 are one of the best tag teams of the last 30 years no one ever gives any credit too.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel like this thread confirms that most opinions about pro wrestling (mine own included) are bad.
Pre-broken down and forced to wrestle on national TV regularly and thus toned down Bucks was basically to me what Kenny Omega seems to be the Laz. I didn't enjoy a single match of theirs until 2019.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PG-13 being the straw that broke the camel's back means WATCH SOME PG-13. They were more than the white guys rapping the Nation out to the ring or massive scumbags irl which I think both are. One of them is a massive racist and maybe rapist, but so is nearly everyone in the biz which wait god dammit I need to force myself to quit watching wrestling.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't feel comfortable supporting this take because of that PG-13 shoot interview where Jamie Dundee was pilled up and kept using the N word (hard R) but I'm open to changing my mind based on Jamie Dundee following me on Twitter.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What was with PG-13 randomly getting a squash win on Raw and then losing to the Gunns right after in late 95? Iirc Vince kinda buries them on commentary.

I think Wolfie D was close to the Rock when they were in Memphis together

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wolfie D was the one that seems not horrible irl (Probably wrong) and was in TNA in The Disciples Of The New Church. A team I'm thinking of saying are better than The Young Bucks, but that is just trolling.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I've never bought a show or tape for Doring/Roadkill like I did for the Bucks/Steen & Dragon main of PWG Fear. ****1/2 wild brawl.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
People arguing like I;ve seen about his not meaning it badly or his wording etc are missing that no matter what it was fucking stupid and dismissive. As someone who has a lot of history of leukemia in their family it particularly annoys me.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
He means NXT won (or tied in the revised ratings) due to the overrun, but when both shows were on AEW did slightly better.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
No need for anything like that so soon after a death. But, if you are going to write an article like that at least do some research. The below was a podcast with Brodie a month after his last AEW match (which was the Oct. 7 match with Cody).

So, even if his thesis that it might have been Covid was correct it wouldn't have been from AEW.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He was always bad. Didn't know the evil thing, though.

His twitter makes me sad.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been going through early episodes of the Between The Sheets podcast and Bix and Kris Z had Mitchell on to talk about an edition of the Observer from 1992 and he just seemed like a really joyless person and a complete asshole. Not a surprise.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
The fact that Brodie's wife had to respond to the article is heartbreaking. Fuck him.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In initial column, he led off by saying how insensitive it would be perceived. Like if you knew, that people would perceive it that way, why not friggin wait a few days to see how the story settled? And shame on Torch for just letting him put an article up like that without any fact checks or anything. Just bizarre.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I think Keller claimed that Bruce skipped the editorial and checks process and got it up on the site unseen by others, as he had been given some freedom with his tenure that had never been an issue before. Whether that’s the truth or a cover up, it is all a mess and embarrassing given the topic. I hate that so many people feel they deserve everyone’s private details and demand answers from people who wish they had them themselves.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I understand wanting to get more details to try to make sense of a senseless tragedy but boy oh boy did he go about doing it in the absolute worst way.