Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The NBA is BACK (season resumes on July 30th)

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I literally had just read yesterday that talks were at an impasse. Someone must have finally said "look, it's either give in to his demands or hire Jason Kidd"

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thibs is a mixed bag these days. I think the Knicks roster is way more of a fit for him then KAT and Wiggins though. Mitchell Robinson should thrive under Thibs. As should their other young guys. I know the game has probably passed him by, but I will forever root for Thibs.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NBA announced any player who debuts inside the bubble will be eligible for Rookie of the Year in 2021. So sorry to anyone who had money on BOL BOL being Rookie of the Year. But he might become first player to win Finals MVP BEFORE winning Rookie of the Year?

Staff member
Reaction score
The refs in this game were fucking idiots. Great closing stretch though.

Staff member
Reaction score
This guy Duncan Robinson is the next Korver. His jumper is wet.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If The Memphis Grizzlies go 0-8 in bubble and miss the play in series for the 8 seed entirely, that's got to be one of the great/terrible choke jobs in NBA history.

On the other hand, if the Phoenix Suns make the play in tournament, maybe @Baby Shoes will return...

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Uh I have a long winded rant coming about this Bulls news so

Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun Times reports Boylen is gonna stay coach and the Bulls will probably try to shed salary because the multi billionaire owner that owns two sports teams wants to not spend an extra million on a good coach. I imagine they are gonna trade most of the team because nearly every player has said something derogatory to the media about Boylen. There's rumors that Lauri, Lavine, and Wendell Carter all want out if Boylen is retained. Daniel Gafford is saying Boylen needs to do a better job at utilizing players strengths and he's a rookie. I think this team finally broke me and I'm not gonna watch any more Bulls until the team is sold. Choosing Fred Hoiberg over Jimmy Butler nearly broke me, but this is the final straw.

James Dolan is way better than Jerry Reinsdorf. He will take risks at least even if almost all of them are bad risks. All Reinsdorf cares about is financial flexibility and saving money. The two big times the Bulls got game changing players in the draft was pure luck. The first was Olajuwon and Bowie getting picked before MJ and the second was winning the lottery with 1.7% chance to get Derrick Rose. If those lucky events didn't happen, the Bulls would never made it past the second round in the entire time JR owned the team.

Last edited:

Staff member
Reaction score
Caruso-left neck muscle spasms - OUT

James - sore right groin - OUT

Lmao

Reaction score
deb57cc4-15af-4a3d-8c82-32746c584de3-AP_Books_-_George_W_Bush_1.jpg

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The way this year has gone, I wouldn't be surprised if they inexplicably beat one of the L.A. teams and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose in 5 games in the first round.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Pretty sure that was the year Shaq had the toe surgery and missed a big chunk of the season, as well

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
@Brocklock I'm right there with ya buddy. I watched less than a handful of Bulls games last/this season. I couldn't finish any. It's too painful to watch.

I don't know why the GM even wants to be there if his hands are already tied with making decisions. Reinsdorf needs to just sell the team for a few billion if he's really worried about saving a few million on a bad coach. Boylen shouldn't have been extended in the first place. My disdain for the way the Bulls is ran runs deep.