Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The NBA is SUSPENDED! (NBA from March 2020 till...hopefully sometime in 2020?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Amongst the news of John Wall being healthy but not playing whatever this season ends up being, he set up a program to pay people’s rent in DC

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2020/5/27/21271032/john-wall-rent-relief-program-ward-8-washington-wizards

Also sad that no one has discussed George Hill’s home safari

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29217096/george-hill-spending-nba-hiatus-850-acre-ranch-zebras-kangaroos-wildebeest

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From the sounds of it, I don't think Washington Wizards will be one of the teams invited to Orlando so it's an easy decision for Wall to make. Looking at the standings, I guess they're in 9th (!!!) but far enough back and unsexy enough of a franchise that I don't think NBA will bother.

Just as well for Nets and Magic cause I weirdly could see the Wizards being one of those random teams that get hot and knock someone out during this tournament (especially if Wall were to come back). I miss basketball enough that I'm looking forward to the proposed round robin for the 8th seed with the Grizzlies, Blazers, Pelicans, SacKings, and Spurs.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
(Triple Post)

Adam Silver told the NBA Board of Governors that July 31st is the targeted reopen date for the NBA season.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wes Unseld passed away this morning.

1969 MVP
1978 NBA Champion and Finals MVP
1st Team All-NBA in 1968-69
5 All-Star appearances
13th in career rebounds

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's probably the most unique MVP of all time. Cause he's 2nd and last player to win Rookie of the Year and MVP in same year (Wilt was first). I think he won MVP predominantly for his great rebounding skills.

Phrase we'll never see another player like him again is overused. But we'll never see another Wes Unseld (thick 6'7'' center who is rebounding freak although Barkley was kind of similar).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
now that you mention it, that is true. Now I'm remembering a SI profile from the early '00s on Big Ben where he talked about how Wes Unseld inspired his playing style (and Unseld was the one who discovered Big Ben when Wes was Wiz GM) but Big Ben was more yoked than Wes.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Wow, didn’t see he was getting canned today. I saw a lot of guys respond when Boogie got him started (Chris Webber, Matt Barnes). Almost posted it here but other than a lot of NBA guys going “we know who he really is” there was no resolution last I saw.

Guy was a typical ALL LIVES MATTER dope so I’m sure the broadcasts will be better off without him.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I've hated Napear for decades, so good riddance! He wasn't the reason why I quit the Kings, but was the reason why I refused to go back.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
it shows how entrenched racism is. in a sport where black people have lots of money and influence, a guy that racist who is that powerless in the industry still kept his job for thirty years. This, despite all the players making complaints about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.