Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The OAO UFC Fight Pass Thread

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
He's probably the best one, at least as far as striking goes. I've heard UFC fighters have actually sought him out for advice. That's rare.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tekcop said:
Is there anyone else who writes as well as Jack Slack about MMA?

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/joanna-champions-striking-clinic

Depends on what we're talking about. From a technical breakdown perspective Conor Rebeusch is really good too but for human interest pieces Shaun Al-Shatti and Chuck Mindenhall are the kings.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Everything up to UFC 189 is up. Relieve the excitement of the Irishman taking the head off the midget and the guy from Staind singing an entrance song.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've missed a few cards over the past few months due to not having cable or not wanting to go out to watch a PPV. But this is why Fight Pass is worth it to me. Every 2015 event is online except for Holloway vs. Oliveira (from 2 weeks ago and I expect to go up soon) and Dodson vs. Mighty Mouse (from this past weekened).

Honestly, nothing better than watching cards I've missed in HD anytime I want.

Also, Kyra Gracie has a new show called The Third Degree on Fight Pass about her traveling around and training in different aspects of the sport. Interesting that Kyra is hosting the show since she has spoke about wanting to get into MMA.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Really? I know Diego has declined but still....only ever been finished by cut and that was after getting his ass whopped for five rounds. I don't think it'll happen.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lamas is quick with those chokes and Diego isn't as fast as he use to be. I think Lamas finishes him and Diego has to come to terms with calling it a career.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Day of reckoning for Sam Sicilia this Saturday. Avoided two fights with Doo Hoo Choi, third time's your living death.

Oh and Bendo vs Masdival is such a hotshit fight that nobody is going to see and nobody is talking about. Fuck you UFC for sticking it on FP.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's been confirmed it's Bendo's last fight on his contract. He wants to test free agency so he hasn't been negotiating. Of course they're not going to promote that.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm torn. I want to see Bendo against the best of the best both at 155 and 170 and that's in the UFC.

Buuuuut he'd be a very good pickup for Bellator and while he doesn't have the name value of a Jones, Aldo or McGregor it would get a lot of eyes on them because of his former champion status.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He'll Phil Davis Bellator.

And I think UFC will pay him. He's making $50k/$50k and he's worth more than that to him for the Korean market. This will be like the Gil situation.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
Day of reckoning for Sam Sicilia this Saturday. Avoided two fights with Doo Hoo Choi, third time's your living death.

Oh and Bendo vs Masdival is such a hotshit fight that nobody is going to see and nobody is talking about. Fuck you UFC for sticking it on FP.

Yup, Choi fucking murdered him. Crazy punching accuray and power, this kid is legit. Needs to shore up some defensive holes standing but he can absolutely be a top level fighter if he does.

Fun card so far. Dominique Steele threw down a KOTY contender with his slam/elbow combo on Other Dong. Just brutal.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Jorge definitely won the battle of the entrance themes. I don't think Benson is winning all these rounds like the commentary does, but he'll probably get it. Jorge does seem to coast too much at times, but he still seems to be active enough here.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They have the production truck piped in over everything else on my TV feed. It's annoying as hell.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"I think Akiyama's been going to Vitor Belfort's old doctor."

And now they're making fun of his mother after he got kicked in the balls.

Probably not the best things to inadvertently broadcast to the world.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I get why the judges scored the way they did but I hated that Sexyama lost that fight. That 3rd round could have been 10-8.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ViciousFish said:
"I think Akiyama's been going to Vitor Belfort's old doctor."

And now they're making fun of his mother after he got kicked in the balls.

Probably not the best things to inadvertently broadcast to the world.

Calling out guys who roid should absolutely be something that is known to the world.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Your production crew doing the eye test isn't exactly professional.

Not that any UFC employee is professional.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rogan brought up Bagautinov failing his drug test at UFC 192 which was a first because usually when guys comes back from suspension they act like nothing happened. I'm hoping it's the start of a trend frankly.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That I'm fine with but Sexyami has never failed a test. This was just some guy who thought he couldn't be heard accusing him of PED use.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Akiyama is a name that has come up for a very long time as far as known PED users go plus he greased against Saku so it's not like he's above cheating.

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm probably the only one watching this Glory show, but this dude just got destroyed with a spinning kick to the dome.

https://streamable.com/8fsx

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Main Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Andrei Arlovski vs. Josh Barnett
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jan Błachowicz
Ryan Bader vs. Ilir Latifi
Nick Hein vs. Tae Hyun Bang

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Jessin Ayari vs. Jim Wallhead
Peter Sobotta vs. Nicolas Dalby
Taylor Lapilus vs. Leandro Issa
Jarjis Danho vs. Christian Colombo
Scott Askham vs. Jack Hermansson
Rustam Khabilov vs. Leandro Silva
Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Veronica Macedo

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can understand the lack of interest but there's some hidden gems in tomorrow's card, I'll be watching mainly in the hopes that Arlovski has one more KO in him but either way it's a very solid main event for a FP card. Also....

- If Gus can't absolutely smash a guy that got shitcanned by Corey Anderson he should hang them up and I'm 100% serious about that.
- ILL WILL THE GAWD will hopefully demolish Bader and continue the cult status
- Debut of Judo Jim has me interested more for BAMMA nostalgia then anything
- Lapilus vs Issa should be pretty hot shit
- Hermansson has been cleaning up on the Euro circuit and has a very high finishing rate. Will be keeping an eye on him.