Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The overdue Netflix streaming thread II

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Yo, did anyone else know that they had live-action adaptations of two "Bruno and Boots" books on Netflix?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah, I posted about that in the News Folder yesterday but it looks like the tweet I linked was deleted. I certainly wasn't expecting to read that yesterday when I logged onto Twitter.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
The "Klan Pageant" stuff is wild, all by itself. On a completely separate note, I somehow never once, before today, made the connection between Elle Kemper, and Kemper Arena. Like, apparently, that's family wealth?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah, she grew up rich. Not discrediting her or anything because she's a brilliant performer but yeah, she never had to go hungry.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Breaking news: upper-class white person from the Bible Belt benefitted from racism. Film at 11.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the pictures you can find from that ball are fucking something
E2zT95nXoAQ3H4f.jpg

white people are weird yall.

Ellie Kamper is married to a Jewish man which is generally something the KKK aren't big fans for what it's worth. I think this is one of those things where she's part of a rich-ass white family in a southern city. I don't know if she herself is/was racist but I have no problem believing the family is.

43710675-9641643-image-a-46_1622580682902.jpg

note the white guy with fake beard? They also darken their skin.

Reactions: Laz