Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Panic Button

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
usb_panic_1.png

Post the finest examples of second week overreaction you come across.

I have been a Yankee fan for 41 years, I saw Mickey when he could hardly move, I saw Horace when he stunk(always did). I have sat through some bad pitching and goofy things but Vera and Marte do not deserve to be Yankees after today. Yes we are hurting and CC was not great but at least he cared enough not to give up. I hope Cash has the good sense to get rid of these losers now. If we were going to lose on this great day it needed to be 6-5 or 4-3 or something like that. yeah I know 10-2 is the same but these idiots that gave today away have no sense of pride. Please Cash get rid of them, get Russo up here to play 3rd or at least Eric Duncan. Ransom, Marte, Veras, GONE! Please get some relief besides Pepto Bismol!

would somebody tell me why in the hell donald is not playing 3rd? happ should be in the rotation and i hope the phillies are seriously considering bringing up carrasco now. good to see marson doing what he does best hes here for good.this team will need a shakeup if the rotation does not wake-up. i give the present starters 1 more start to shape-up,excluding hamels and myers. we cant wake up may 1st and out by ten!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
From terribletr at the MLB.com Boston Board

Title: 100 Los(s)es Not Out of The question

This season is fading into the toilet fast. Right now, the record is on par with the '62 Mets. Dice-K is going down, Ortiz looks finished and we really don't know how consistent Beckett will be.

Johnny Lester is pitching more like Johnny Rotten. This scrathces the surface of the numerous problems this team has. Everything has fallen apart so fast. All of a sudden, this team looks like its in need of a serious rebuilding job.

Is Theo up to this building job. He sure has made some bad moves like the Lugo and Drew signing. And, giving up a young catcher (Kelly Shoppach) for Coco Crisp who did not replace Johnny Damon. And, he got beat out for the A-Rod and Texiera sweepstakes. And, the organization has not developed any power hitters to replace Manny and Papi.

Seriously, this has the look of a last place team now. This start is dreadful. And, can we really expect once ballyooed prospect Clay Bucholz to become a top three pitcher after last year's dreadful 2-9. He seems to be one of those guys who will be next year's rose that never blooms.

Sox fans should be disgusted with a capital D.

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hahaha...the Red Sox look like a last place team right now? Wow.

teke184

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fucking drama-queens.

Cleveland sucks so far this year and I don't hear their fans whining. Then again, they got the consolation prize of kicking the living shit out of the Yankees on the Opening Day of the new Yankee Stadium.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the Jays doing well early on this season, it's fun watching fans who are used to having multiple things to bitch about nitpick things. A lot of people seem convinced that Travis Snider is going to sit against lefties and hit 9th all season.

Next USC #55

Integral Poster
Reaction score
teke184 said:
Fucking drama-queens.

Cleveland sucks so far this year and I don't hear their fans whining. Then again, they got the consolation prize of kicking the living shit out of the Yankees on the Opening Day of the new Yankee Stadium.

Pretty sure the Cavaliers are distracting the fans from the Indians' problems.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey, seven runners left stranded today, and it's only the top of the fourth!

Seriously, I couldn't be more excited about the Jays this April; even with the Masters and the Stanley Cup playoffs, my go-to on television is the Jays.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Milwaukee's rotation is the worst in the history of organized baseball."

-snuffbox. Unfortunately, it's more truth than panic.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fuck fuck fuck and fuck.

God damn Celtics have been playing with their heads up their asses ever since the Lakers broke their winning streak on Christmas Day.

909 you should probably re-edit your post to Chicago in 6, mistake or not.

I guess the Celtics are the fat and happy champions content to enjoy their title from last year and live off name while hungry teams like the Lakers and Cavs win it all. Fucking shit.

Well, I guess I won't have to worry about watching the NBA playoffs if this series goes the way it's looking to go now. Of course if the Cavs win it all I'll have to avoid all NBA coverage for about a year.

Oh yeah, good to see shitty playoff Ray Allen from a year ago is back.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good to see I still have Psycho Penguin following me around this board too. Don't know what I'd do without that. ;)

The panic button is warranted in this case. Boston looked like shit.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nobody listened when I said the Cubs were a poorly constructed team. But here we are with Milton Bradley in the Daryle Ward role (pinch-hit and be pinch-run for), Ramirez is hurt, Marmol is hurt, and we've all seen way too much of Aaron "Summer of 5'9''" Miles for this team to be real. Already four games out of first. I told you the Cardinals were gonna win this division.

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You can't win a pennant in April, but you sure can lose a pennant in April. There's a host of deficiencies to this roster.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What value is there to making the playoffs and being embarrassed in the first round anyways?

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Psycho Penguin said:
What value is there to making the playoffs and being embarrassed in the first round anyways?
Personally speaking, 2007 was the most memorable season I've ever experienced. Most teams don't clinch a playoff berth in that fashion however.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Jays are only tied for FIRST PLACE right now. David Purcey isn't doing very well, Brian Burres is a viable rotation option, their best starter this season hurt himself sneezing, and Roy Halladay has looked ordinary in his last 2 starts. I mostly blame Bored for this, but I'm getting ready to push the BUTTon, since I can see them winning only one game (at best) in this 4 game Royals series.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't want to believe it, but I think Czech's right. I know it's early, but it just feels like the Cub's will be half a team for most of the season.