Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Police Thread

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In the heat of argument cops have been known to "throw their badge" down and "quit" until they cool down. There should be a policy that if you do that dog and pony show, you out.

(Granted, nearly every cop in existence has a uniform badge, personal car badge, personal wallet badge, wall badge, etc... "turning in your badge" don't mean shit when Galls catalogue lets them order 10 back ups)

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.cp24.com/news/toronto-police-chief-mark-saunders-stepping-down-next-month-1.4974654

Toronto's police chief is stepping down two months before his term was set to end but he could have held onto the position well into 2021.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/08/872637497/police-reform-legislation-moves-swiftly-through-new-york-state-legislature

"New York's legislature moved swiftly Monday to pass a first wave of police reform legislation, including a ban on chokeholds, a prohibition on race-based profiling, and a measure requiring police departments and courts to track arrests by race and ethnicity to help identify patterns of bias."

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
https://nypost.com/2020/06/09/nypd-officer-caught-shoving-protester-charged-with-assault/

Vincent D’Andraia is charged with third-degree assault, fourth-degree criminal mischief, second-degree harassment and third-degree menacing over the May 29 incident near the Barclays Center.

In the now-viral video, he can be heard calling Dounya Zayer a “stupid b—h” before shoving her with his hands, sending her flying several feet and onto the pavement.

D’Andraia, 28, walks away, with a lieutenant immediately behind him.

Prosecutors said Zayer was in the street when D’Andraia told her to move. When she asked why, he allegedly smacked her cellphone out of her hand and “violently shoved her to the ground,” an investigation found.

Zayer, 20, was hospitalized for a seizure and concussion.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.statesman.com/news/20200609/lsquolive-pdrsquo-says-video-of-in-custody-death-of-javier-ambler-has-been-destroyed

Not sure if this should go here or TV or both but Cops has been canceled and LivePD is looking likely too partly because of the aboce story. Really awful and disturbing.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
"Stop hating us BECAUSE OF OUR DOCUMENTED ACTIONS and start hating other people BECAUSE OF THEIR SKIN COLOR!"

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
cobainwasmurdered said:
https://www.statesman.com/news/20200609/lsquolive-pdrsquo-says-video-of-in-custody-death-of-javier-ambler-has-been-destroyed

Not sure if this should go here or TV or both but Cops has been canceled and LivePD is looking likely too partly because of the aboce story. Really awful and disturbing.

HBO Max has pulled Gone with the Wind and is reportedly "reevaluating" a lot of their older content that depicts racist imagery or characters. Not sure this is the right move. I tend to think if too much stuff gets pulled it will cause a reaction in the opposite direction of people rebelling against the rebellion. Maybe some type of disclaimer would be better.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
geniusMoment said:
cobainwasmurdered said:

HBO Max has pulled Gone with the Wind and is reportedly "reevaluating" a lot of their older content that depicts racist imagery or characters. Not sure this is the right move. I tend to think if too much stuff gets pulled it will cause a reaction in the opposite direction of people rebelling against the rebellion. Maybe some type of disclaimer would be better.

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/gone-with-the-wind-amazon-best-seller-hbo-max-1234630577/

Not to get further off topic regarding the police but it looks like people pushed back as Gone With the Wind shot up in digital sales at Amazon. I don't know how I feel about this either. Disney has tons of racist garbage in their early films, all of which are on Disney+. I would just put up a disclaimer and let it be. I mean, if we're going to censor stuff from the Golden Age of cinema then we're in for a treat because GWTW is hardly the worst offender.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think GWTW is overrated but I respect the hell out of Clark Gable standing up for Hattie McDaniel in a time when almost no one was taking a stand for their black coworkers. The movie has some negative imagery for sure, but at least the star of the movie had basic decency.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Cartman said:
Brodypedia said:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1270333484528214018

This is the President of the United States folks...

He’s suffered a brain injury... you can’t even tell which one I’m referring to. I mean the guy that was assaulted by the police. He’s beginning physical therapy.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Some of the extreme examples they found were:

• Geoffery Crosby, a guard at one of America’s toughest prisons, the Angola Prison in Louisiana. Crosby allegedly belonged to 56 extremist groups.
  • James “J.T.” Thomas, a detective at the Harris County Sheriff’s Office in Houston, who posted a meme of a black woman shortly after hurricane Harvey hit the city. His post said: “A reporter asked a black woman how many Churches had their doors open during the storm??? She said she didn’t know, she eats at Popeye’s.” Thomas was reportedly fired after Reveal notified Harris County officials. But during his appeal, he asked: “If you remove the black woman’s picture, what’s racist about it?”
  • Will Weisenberger, a sheriffs deputy in Madison County, Miss., who belonged to “White Lives Matter” and was involved in a lawsuit that accused him of systematic racism in his policing. He is also accused of punching an already-handcuffed black man in the face and told investigators that he “may have used the n-word.”
  • Lt. Richard Moravec, who belonged to an Islamophobic group. As a Chicago police officer, Moravec has been the subject of 70 allegations including criminal misconduct and excessive force.
  • Joel Quinn, an Abbeville, Ga., cop who defended himself by explaining that it was his “responsibility to detect possible threats to my community all the way up to and including my country,” adding: “Think about this, majority of crimes are committed by minorities (black, Hispanic, etc.) per FBI statistics yet I don’t ‘prey’ on any particular one.”
  • Wisconsin corrections officer Sheldon Best, who told Reveal news that he holds no discriminatory views even though he once commented on a report about more babies of color being born in the U.S. than white children, writing: “Maybe, but minority on minority homocide [sic] will make sure adults of color remain a minority.”

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alright you commie pinkos the cops have listened to your demands and are ready to make some concessions to your "concerns"

• Resisting arrest: Making this a class E felony that cannot be reduced by plea bargaining, and make it an offense for which a judge could require the posting of bail.
  • Failure to retreat: Make a class D felony for any person to approach or remain 25 feet of an officer engaged in their duties when that person has been ordered to "halt" or "retreat."
  • Assault on a police officer: increase the level of seriousness by one degree for the current crimes pertaining to assault upon a police officer.
  • Aggravated harassment of a police or peace officer: Make it a class D felony for a person to cause, or attempt to cause, any officer engaged in their duties to be struck by any substance or object.
  • Hate crime against a police officer: Many any crime committed against law enforcement because they are law enforcement, a hate crime.
  • Aggravated offering a false accusation against a police officer: Make falsely accusing a police officer of wrongdoing a class D felony.
  • Criminal doxing of an officer: Make it a class D felony to dox an officer because of their occupation or to dox anyone affiliated with an officer.
  • Stalking an officer: Make following or surveilling an officer, for no legitimate purpose, a class E felony.
  • Disability and death benefit: provide a $500,000 benefit for officers who are seriously disabled or die from injuries sustained in the line of duty.
  • Police Memorial Day: Make May 15 a state holiday to honor the officers who have died in the line of duty in New York and require the governor to appear in person to read aloud the names of those who died the previous year.

There ya go. So much as look at a cop? HATE CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
And, of course, there's some dingaling in the replies, talking about, "Well, if you say that all cops are bad, because some of them hurt and kill people, don't you have to say that all protesters are bad, too, because some of them hurt and kill people?" Uh, no, dumbass. First of all, protesters aren't paid by the state, second of all, there's no such thing as a Fraternal Order of Protesters, and third, if there weren't bad cops, the people wouldn't need to protest, in the first fucking place.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope Louisville burns to the ground. I suspected they'd get off free as soon as I saw news breaking that Louisville was enacting city shutdown procedures in preparation for the decision.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm really hoping they can be turned on and whipped at my head like Captain America.