Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Resident Evil Thread

AntiLeaf33

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The controls for both RE4 and RE5 are pretty much the same, but the game breaker with RE5 is the retarded inventory system. Tack on retarded partner AI, and it's a game breaker for RE5

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
I found the RE4 controls to be much easier, way less clunky etc. It never felt like a problem to me playing RE4. With RE5, it was.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think RE4, for me, seemed better because it was on the Wii and the controls just made more sense with that controller set up. But, I also think that if I tried to play RE4 again I'd feel kinda the same way as I do with RE5... I think I'm just too used to stuff like MW2 where I can run and gun and the flow is just so much better.

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
Yeah, the Wii controls were great for that but I played RE4 first on my PS2 and I beat it almost 20 times on it, maybe even more. I had no problems with the controls. It's one of my favorite games of all time. Top 3 even. But you might be right. Maybe it's the same controls. Games are a bit different now, and maybe that control scheme is just dated.

M

Matt Young

I just started RE5 tonight and played about 2 and a half hours. I made it through the first 5 levels (chapters 1 and 2). I love it so far. I can tell it will be a short game, but that's just what I need right now with my massive backlog.

I love the Resident Evil games. I've owned the GC remake of RE1, the N64 version of RE2 (which was my first RE and is the only one I've beaten), the PS version of RE3, the GC version of RE4, and the DC version of Code Veronica (my favorite in the series).

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Yeah this is a game that fell through the cracks when it came out but I still want to get it. I might just wait for the new edition coming out.

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna get the latest DLC mission during the weekend. I heard it's way more action oriented than the last one that came out two weeks ago.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
So the Gold Edition got a 9.5 from Game Informer. I want to get this but I want my friend to get it to so we can do the coop together.

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
I'll co-op with you too if it's compatible with the old version. I've been meaning to play through the game to get some more trophies.

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
Pretty exciting. Obviously, a different type of RE game, but the concept looks cool. I guess it's kinda like Left 4 Dead. All about killing swarms of zombies. Even though these swarm type zombie games have been over-saturated in the past couple of years, it's about time they did this with a Resident Evil game. I hope it's good. The graphics will be improved I assume.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Apparently the antagonists (to Umbrella, at least) in the game are US Gov't. So you have to deal with them in campaign and multiplayer mode along with hordes of zombies. That should be interesting too.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I haven't played an RE game since RE2. This looks like it's combo of RE4/5, Gears of War, and L4D.

Translation: I'm in.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Resident Evil: Revelations has a release date month. February 2012, which isn't too far off thankfully. It's coming out on 3DS and regular DS, which I did not know. I'll of course be going for the 3D version, but at least that makes it accessible for those without a 3DS. Also,
The game will come with a fancy new system case-exclusive to GameStop pre-orders—that reacts to sunlight, making it a one-eye monster when the sun sets.

That sounds cooler than it will actually be I'm sure.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I read on CheapAssGamer that you can't feed that system case after midnight as well.

Thoth

Curleh Mustache~
Reaction score
Smues said:
Resident Evil: Revelations has a release date month. February 2012, which isn't too far off thankfully. It's coming out on 3DS and regular DS, which I did not know. I'll of course be going for the 3D version, but at least that makes it accessible for those without a 3DS. Also,
The game will come with a fancy new system case-exclusive to GameStop pre-orders—that reacts to sunlight, making it a one-eye monster when the sun sets.

That sounds cooler than it will actually be I'm sure.

Just read it is 3DS only.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
Should we just turn the Resident Evil thread into a Survival-Horror thread....or just Horror Genre games period? There is a new Silent Hill on the way as well, Silent Hill: Downpour, and also an action-zombie hack n slash game called Lollipop CHainsaw....

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Could have sworn we already have a horror games thread, but that may be TOTSM I'm thinking of.

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
While I love RE4, and didn't hate RE5 like others did, I kinda hope they release another Resident Evil with the old school controls. One that doesn't necessarily have to be a sequel or anything. It's not as dated as a lot of people make it out to be imo. Also, I think there are enough people who prefer the older games, that it would be a success.

It would be pretty cool if Capcom released what was supposed to be Resident Evil 4, as some sort of alternate universe story. They could come up with something. It looks awesome.

Resident Evil 4 - Original

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Resident Evil Revelations will cost $50, instead of the standard 3DS price of $40. Eat me Capcom.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't you need that extra thumbstick thing to play it, too?

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
According to what I read no, nor will it come with that. Here's what Captain Planet Capcom has to say:
Resident Evil Revelations is an all new Resident Evil title with over 20 hours of gameplay, and cutscenes beautifully rendered in fear-inducing 3D," a Capcom spokesperson told me in an e-mailed statement. "A true console experience on a handheld device, Resident Evil Revelations is an epic title that offers both a single-player campaign for that classic survival horror gaming experience, and an additional RAID mode that can be played cooperatively or single player. To handle all of that data Resident Evil Revelations requires a 4GB cartridge, resulting in a higher price point."

I'm inclined not to believe them, but I suppose it could be a legit expense on their part. I'm also inclined to wait for the price to drop to $40, or when I can buy it used for $40.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Revelations demo is up on the 3ds shop. It's a different one than the one that was included with The Mercenaries 3D. It's still short, but got me a lot more excited for the game than the first demo. The only thing that bugs me is the demo is limited to being played 30 times. Not that I plan to play it even close to that, I just don't like this trend of limiting demos. Are they actually afraid that someone that would have otherwise purchased the game wouldn't because he could play this 5 minute demo an unlimited number of times?

Thoth

Curleh Mustache~
Reaction score
I actually got killed in the demo by one of the spiky arm things. Shot it over and over and it simply did not die.