Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Resident Evil Thread

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The lack of tank controls has me SLIGHTLY curious, but do we really need REREmake?

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Remastered version released Tuesday. Might pick it up for nostalgia sake (haven't played #1 since 96).

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This game is kicking my ass. Can't imagine this new generation of kids being able to play this.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just beat this. Def worth the $20. Took a while to get used to the old play though but got used to it a few hours in.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Japan received 3 different physical versions and as far as I know, it's digital only in the states. PC may be a different story though.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Get ready for more REmakes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWYov9Y_NwM

A special "thank you" from Resident Evil producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi.

We’re pleased to confirm that the recently released Resident Evil has become Capcom’s fastest selling digital title in history across North America and Europe. The title which launched on January 20th has also broken the record for the biggest selling day one digital title on the PlayStation Network.

Capcom’s Producer on the title, Yoshiaki Hirabyashi, commented “It’s been great to see so many positive comments from fans that have enjoyed this new release. The team here at Capcom Japan have worked hard to bring the game to the latest generation of consoles and we are thrilled at this news on its performance.”

I would actually welcome a redux of the RE Outbreak series. I thought those were pretty fun for what they were.. when you could get the online co-op to succeed, that is.

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
I paid $8 for the RE6 Ultimate Edition on a PSN sale last week. The game is ok, but my main gripe is it's so dark, it's hard to see what's going on a lot of the time.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
So the Resident Evil Bio-hazard "demo" has been available since Sony's Presser at E3 ended. I played it. Very short, but very damn creepy. They definitely took a cue from P.T. although they did explain that the actual game itself will not really play like the demo did, the demo was more a vehicle to let us know the tone and the fact that they are listening to the fans that want the RE series to go back to a horror/scary kind of game rather than just action. I want to see more!

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Anyone pick up the new game yet? Been hearing some pretty good things about it so far.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Sabre said:
I legit near poo myself when I play this with the VR. You legit are on edge waiting for the next jump scare.

I was wondering that. I always default to Xbox One regardless of reviews but seeing I just got the PSVR, I was kinda curious about trying this on that.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just finished RE 7, and holy shit did I love that game. I heard some people claim that it got too easy near the end and resource management was no longer an issue near the end, well....I'm definitely not one of those people. I obviously suck because I was feeling fucked the entire game with very minimal amounts of ammo the whole time.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
RE7 on sale for $39.99 at Best Buy this week, $31.99 if you have GCU

Even though I usually get everything for Xbox, think I may pick up the PS4 one to mess around with the VR. Then if I like it, get the Xbox version when it gets cheaper down the road.

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
I loved the first half of RE7. The graphics pushed the uncanny valley right out the window, and the puzzles, while a little challenging, never hit frustrating. The whole atmosphere was a thing of beauty. The last half of the game felt like it was bloated with too much back tracking, just to add additional playtime. Overall a solid effort from Capcom though. 4/5

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one in the world that didn't have fun with that. It kind of makes me feel like I'm missing something. But I'm just not a huge survival horror fan. I prefer to be a badass mowing everything down which is probably why I liked RE4 so much.
I will say the game was beautifully made and very unsettling.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Revelations 1 + 2 are coming to the Switch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwAvIK-4NOs

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
RE3 remake incoming April 2020!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDm9T1TKvU

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
Will the entire game use first-person? Switch between that and third-person? Either way, I'm hyped.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think It's gonna be the same vein as the RE2 remake. Kind of that over the shoulder third person view. The first person scenes in that trailer look to be cutscenes or are likely just for the teaser.

minger80

Fantasy Baseball is life
Reaction score
Looking forward to RE3 remake I still have to get RE2 but I will evantually get it. I am curious to also see what direction they end up going in for RE8