Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Rock is BLACK ADAM

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I swore we had a thread for this but couldn’t find it. Apologies if it exists, maybe we just discussed this one in casting news but I couldn’t find anything.

The Rock’s entry in the DCEU finally was given a release date of July 29, 2022.

That was the second big announcement this week following Pierce Brosnan cast as Dr. Fate. There’s actually a lot of characters scheduled to make their big screen debut in this movie at the moment.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Saw this over the weekend in IMAX....can't say I was really that impressed with this one fully (the narrative was a clusterfuck), but I think it's getting dogged a bit too hard from critics as I was still entertained and seeing guys like Hawkman on screen was a treat. I felt it was a good look ahead of what to expect from DC films, specifically the after credits scene gave us that look, and there was many examples of nods to things ahead too.

But I gotta say for all the hype this has gotten for almost something like 15 years, there has to be a significant amount of underwhelmingness to it all.

The portrayal of the Justice Society was certainly in some cases, a different take......in some essenses, I felt like there was a not so subtle attempt to do a comparison to some of these characters to other already established Marvel ones in the execution. That is yet another example why I can see why this has a bit of a sourness to it all.