Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Undertaker may actually not be retired?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Like all of wrestling retirements, we'll believe it when we see it. I'm actually very mildly surprised as the cinematic match at WrestleMania 36 really seemed to breathe new life into his career. I thought he'd at least try and make it to Survivor Series 2020 and make it a nice even 30 years. But hey, it's great that he got to go out on his terms with a match that most fans enjoyed and not one of the Saudi Arabia blood money debacles.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think it's the perfect time. The cinematic matches would've got less and less special with him as they are already starting to produce diminishing returns without him. I couldn't see a Boneyard match with like Corbin or Jinder (You know WWE would pair him up with someone similar to those guys) or whoever living up to the AJ one. He got a good tag match teaming with Roman and then The Boneyard Match to send him out on a great note.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Plus to me it'd be hard to buy The Undertaker coming back and taking him seriously as The Phenom after how vulnerable he was in The Last Ride.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Honestly, I know it is incorrect but I haven’t really considered him active since 2010 when he stopped competing more than once a year. Like I did the career retrospective thread when it looked like he was done following Mania 33. For his health and his family, he has nothing else to prove so if it’s real, cool. I will not be shocked if he shows up for another payday.

I guess also despite him being active my entire fandom and him being as iconic as he was, I don’t think there was a time where he was in my top favorites. Like I was excited for his return at Summerslam 94 but he was still probably the fourth or fifth guy I cared most about on the roster.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw something floating around that since 2011 he's only had like 25 combined matches. So, yeah he's basically been kind of retired for almost a decade.

I didn't hate Taker as a kid, but he wasn't my favorite. I was more into the workrate type guys like Bret or guys that were very explosive and fast paced in the ring like Sting. Even as a kid, I found a lot of his matches really boring. I started appreciating him more as a worker as I got older and was a big fan of him as a promo during the Booger Red era, but in general he was never my favorite guy.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don’t know if we have a proper thread for The Last Ride itself but as far as WWE documentary series go, this was their best piece of business.

I could watch Taker talk for ages about things as long as it’s not his political stances but he was a good interview subject. The final image of both Taker riding off into the sunset and Mark standing at his fishing shack at peace were both very strong images.

I appreciated for once we actually saw what it meant when people show him respect and we have always heard the stories about Andre being shown the respect so it was fitting seeing Taker get that treatment. You saw that it wasn’t lip service from the boys, it was genuine respect.

The stuff about his family was surprisingly touching and I thought Michelle came off quite well in this.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Undertaker is definitely done. Never again wrestling.

Until that Saudi money comes around again.

And then maybe one or two more easy cinematic match paydays.

And maybe one more huge check from the Saudis after that.

BUT THEN. Totally donezo!

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's 55. Please don't let him come back. I wish they could have actually promoted a final match for him but just let him stay gone. Let him show up once a year (at most) to chokeslam someone at a tribute show or whatever, but otherwise just let him go.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
30 would have been the perfect sendoff IMO. Obviously not for Undertaker given what we know about that night now but storyline wise, it seems like it'd make sense for Undertaker to just go away after he got dogwalked at WrestleMania.

28 would have been the standing tall perfect exit. 29 would have been good too since he avenged Paul Bearer.

If the Boneyard was his last ride, I'm glad it was a really good moment and Undertaker didn't go out with a Saudi Arabia match or the god damn Shane match.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's not go too far. That Shane match was a masterpiece of pure striking. Re-watch. Shane has the best strikes in the business.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Watch the KO/Shane fight on the Smackdown before the mania tag match I think it is. Listen to Shane sell. Those OOOOOOOOOOOOHS? UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHS?

No one does it better.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Oh man, I hope we get a depressing on camera reunion of Taker’s 1995 Survivor Series team.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They are all alive which is insane by 25 year old wrestling show standards. I want a "Talkin' Baseball"/"Talkin' Softball" song written about that team.

"We're talkin' rasslin,
Fatu and Undertaker
We're takin' rasslin'
Hogman and Savio Vega..."

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Found @King Kamala posting on another board

I think Undertaker should come, grab the microphone, look directly into the hard camera and say...

"Yep yep yep, what it do!"

Then he takes off his jacket to reveal a "Ryback is God" shirt.

Ryback then comes out and gets in the ring. Grabs the microphone and says, "The big guy is back! Feed me more! Feed me more!"

Undertaker will then prance around the ring imitating Ryback and chanting, "Feed me more! Feed me more!" too.

Then all of a sudden.... the music of the NWO hits! And out comes Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Vincent, Stevie Ray, and The Disciple. They circle Ryback and Undertaker, then all of a sudden....

"Hooooooooo!!!!" The theme song of Hacksaw Duggan hits!

Duggan, Ryback and Undertaker fight off the NWO, and then pose doing the Shield fist bump.

And that's how you end a perfect Survivor Series PPV!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just realized that Undertaker's original Survivor Series team from 1990 is all still with us. Plus their manager Brother Love so let's get them involved (although I'm guessing Million Dollar Man will be a reach given his family's current legal troubles). I want Honky Tonk Man and Bruce Prichard trying to hijack the segment while Greg Valentine wishes he died in 2004.

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Announcer's don't call him a giant ham hock this show can fuck off.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In all honesty... I know the Undertaker is an aged, withered shell of his former self, but if I had the disposable income to get him to come introduce me at some kind of public event I'd do it just for shits and giggles. And if I couldn't afford him, I could probably afford LayCool and he'd just show up as a bonus.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

He won't sign his WWF trading card from 1991 for....reasons...
Only 230 for his autograph, but add another 100 if you expect him to also write "HOF 2022"

What a likable chap!