Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Unusuals

M

Matt Young

Did anyone watch this? It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was good enough to get me to tune in next week. There's nothing else to watch after Lost, anyway.

I enjoyed the humor, and Amber Tamblyn (with titties poppin' all over the place) immediately won me over with her "networking with the hoes" comment. Harold Perrineau didn't play as big of a role as I expected, but I liked both his and Adam Goldberg's characters as well.

Thoughts?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I got home at a little after 10, so I didn't get to watch it, but I did DVR it. I am looking forward to it. It looks weird enough to be entertaining.

wnyxmcneal

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was thinking of starting a thread on this, but no one seems to respond to my threads.

I'm a big fan of Amber Tamblyn and loved Joan of Arcadia, so I'm happy to see she has a new show. I thought this was pretty good, though I think it will take time to find a rhythm and an audience.

I loved some stuff though, and will be watching every week

fairtoflair7

Very Active Poster
Reaction score
Just caught up to the Crime Slut episode. Each episode was getting better with some solid character based storylines till this point. The Delahoy parts were particularly good. Too bad ABC canceled it. Should have given it a chance. Amber Tamblyn wasn't too bad either.

I 'm going to catch up on the 2 others I missed but hopefully they'll show the other one's made.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So that's two Wacky Quirky Cop Shows in a row now that ABC stuck in the same time slot, gave half a season and so-so marketing, and then quickly announced that they were canned when they were a grand total of four episodes into the show. I might've even watched them, if they weren't airing at the same time as new South Park episodes. I just don't get the minds of these people, how rather than just spending X amount of money on one season of one show, they spend Double X amount of money on two shows that they give up on long before they have the slightest chance of gaining momentum.

wnyxmcneal

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They gave the Unusuals a chance. Noticeable erosion at 10:30 was bad enough, and they even tried it Tuesday at 10, and it bombed there too. I really liked the show, but hold nothing against ABC for cancelling it