Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Vs Fighting Game Thread - News & Views..

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ono is the one taking the blame, from the fans at least, since it's "his" game. Inafune more or less said "you should use this one" according to Ono's tweets. At least, as far as my understanding of broken English goes: "I consulted with Mr.Megaman(his name is Mr.I…) about it 1 years ago.Its result! ;D"

Jer

Very Active Poster
Reaction score
SC5 seems pretty good after one day of play. The online isn't GGPO good, but it's the best Namco's ever done. I was playing on a wireless router, and other than some disconnects that were probably the fault of the router, the matches were never unplayable.

It feels slightly faster than SC4, although not as fast as the first three. The super system is cool. The supers have neat properties, like Mitsus sets up all kinds of crazy tech traps, without feeling broken. Tying guard impact to super meter is interesting. As an old SC2 player that liked having GIs being really key, I don't know if I fully approve, but it's better than SC4, where the window on GI was so small that it was useless. And getting just a guaranteed launcher after a guard break is so much better than stupid critical finish. I also like the fast step, it sets up more Tekken like movement, which is nice. I don't have an opinion on just guard yet, since the online's not good enough to really let you do it.

If anyone wants to play, hit me up on PSN - PSUJer.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just got the Vita version of Mortal Kombat (my first physical game purchase for the system). I haven't played it yet but if the back of the box is any indication - the game contains an MK version of Fruit Ninja/Veggie Samurai. SOLD! :D

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
559455_10150827106792147_12040282146_9731266_522715518_n.jpg

Jer

Very Active Poster
Reaction score
TTT2 is so good, got to play it a whole bunch at Winter Brawl and I'm even more hype for it now than I was before. I can't wait. I'm glad they moved the release up to September. Hopefully the online play will be at least as good as SC5's, and they won't waste a bunch of time on scenario campaign mode type bullshit.

Two months til Evo, get hype!

Thoth

Curleh Mustache~
Reaction score
Jer said:
TTT2 is so good, got to play it a whole bunch at Winter Brawl and I'm even more hype for it now than I was before. I can't wait. I'm glad they moved the release up to September. Hopefully the online play will be at least as good as SC5's, and they won't waste a bunch of time on scenario campaign mode type bullshit.

Two months til Evo, get hype!

Speaking of Evo, my original arrangements might fall through. Looking to share a hotel room by any chance?

Jer

Very Active Poster
Reaction score
We've got space available in one of our rooms at the Flamingo, if you don't mind staying across the street. Let me know whenever, no hurry really, since we already have the rooms.

Thoth

Curleh Mustache~
Reaction score
Jer said:
We've got space available in one of our rooms at the Flamingo, if you don't mind staying across the street. Let me know whenever, no hurry really, since we already have the rooms.

That's actually WAYYYYY closer than I was going to stay on my own. Can you PM me the amount of money I would expect to pay if I were to stay for Evo weekend?

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Damn I'll be in Vegas right before EVO but not during. Had I known that such a thing existed I might have scheduled my trip differently, would have been fun to watch.

devo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey Thoth, was that you on Wednesday Night Fights last night? Someone with your handle was playing solo Cerebella on Skullgirls.

Thoth

Curleh Mustache~
Reaction score
devo said:
Hey Thoth, was that you on Wednesday Night Fights last night? Someone with your handle was playing solo Cerebella on Skullgirls.

Yeah, that's me. That match with Jason D was so fun, I think tourney nerves got to me. I got absolutely wrecked in losers by PMZ.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Apparently IMDB has Kevin Butler listed as being a voice for Sony's All-Star whatever game. Yeah, not the best source for this to be off of, but still...

I wonder what it could be for. Commentary? Or him actually being a fighter in the game? Assuming he is.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just put down a pre-order for this....

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston...nal_tournament

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set Overview

2c2594b8fb68621b0934e72f70686a4b.jpg

$150 USD - Ships September

Games
-Street Fighter X Tekken (including all character and Swap Costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition

Video
-New documentary Blu-ray that highlights the lifelong love affair fans have had with Street Fighter, and how their dedication has affected the game.
-Street Fighter IV, Super SFIV anime movies
-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!)
-Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie

Light-up Ryu statue
-Brand new statue with light up base. Eight inches tall and frozen in mid Shoryuken.

11 disc soundtrack
-Game music from the past 25 years, including remixes and fan-created music.

64 page hardcover art book
-Containing pieces from fans all over the world.

Ryu's belt
-Full size martial arts black belt for the aspiring World Warrior. Includes Ryu's "Furinkazan" in kanji.

Certificate of Authenticity
-Like any good collector's set, this comes with a lovely piece of paper telling you how limited and special it is. They're all individually numbered, so get one before they disappear!

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I have all those games except for TvsSF. I'd want those DVD's and soundtracks. Too bad they couldn't port the original Street Fighter or some other games in the series.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I have the games too. The stuff I don't have (the DVDs, all of the SFxT DLC, and half of the SSFIV DLC outweighed it for me so I went for it. I figure I have until September to change my mind, but at least I have one on reserve now. That and I am a mark for fighting game collectibles (especially KOF and SF stuff) so it was hard to resist. :)

Thoth

Curleh Mustache~
Reaction score
SAIKYO STYLE !! サイキョー流 said:
Yeah I have the games too. The stuff I don't have (the DVDs, all of the SFxT DLC, and half of the SSFIV DLC outweighed it for me so I went for it. I figure I have until September to change my mind, but at least I have one on reserve now. That and I am a mark for fighting game collectibles (especially KOF and SF stuff) so it was hard to resist. :)

Basically my thoughts when preordering this. Telling Mike Z (Skullgirls lead designer) that I did this resulted in him shouting at me that the bundle is worthless and terrible and had no effort into it and that I am a fool for spending the money.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
X-men vs SF would be nice since the Playstation release sucked ass and didn't let you switch between your characters. I think the Saturn version did, but who owned a Saturn?

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, EVO is tomorrow. Good luck to those few TRTSM'ers who will be in Vegas for the next few days.

Someone kick Marn in the junk for all of us.

JingusSucks

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Smues said:
X-men vs SF would be nice since the Playstation release sucked ass and didn't let you switch between your characters. I think the Saturn version did, but who owned a Saturn?
Drew Carey

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Smues said:
I had a Saturn.. but not that game. Bought it solely for Fire Pro 6 Man Scramble. >_>

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never even known anyone who owned one. Though I still plan to get one someday. I really wanted to get one just to play Shining Force 3 back in the day.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mine fried itself eventually. I still have the FPR6MS game disc though and I also would like to get another modded or import console, one day. Hooray retro-gaming!! :D

Jer

Very Active Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, shockingly, not playing a game for three months isn't the best preparation for Evo. At least I didn't go 0-2!

The finals were pretty hype across the board, with Marvel and KoF being the most hype. Oh except for SFxT, those finals were terrible.

So overall impressions of the games I saw at Evo are that TTT2 is awesome, P4A is awesome, Playstation Battle All Stars looks interesting but seems to have some weird mechanics, and Injustice looks kind of stupid.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Does "got bodied" mean you got your asses kicked? Or that fat gamers were rubbing their bodies all over you in line?

P4A does look awesome, though. I can't wait for that to drop next month on PS3. Injustice does look dumb and is definitely an unnecessary entry into the genre. Were people really clamoring for another DC Universe fighter?