Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Vs Fighting Game Thread - News & Views..

Thoth

Curleh Mustache~
Reaction score
Master Thrasher said:
I'm playing Capcom Collection Vol 2 that as SSF2 Turbo on it and it's the hardest fighting game I've ever played. The CPU is incredibly difficult even at the easiest level. Am I correct and is there a way to beat it?

SSF2 Turbo is a game where you are not allowed to make mistakes. Although if you can't beat a fighting game with the CPU at the easiest level, I will point at you and laugh.

Who do you play as? I can tell you what you are doing wrong.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Thoth said:
Master Thrasher said:
I'm playing Capcom Collection Vol 2 that as SSF2 Turbo on it and it's the hardest fighting game I've ever played. The CPU is incredibly difficult even at the easiest level. Am I correct and is there a way to beat it?

SSF2 Turbo is a game where you are not allowed to make mistakes. Although if you can't beat a fighting game with the CPU at the easiest level, I will point at you and laugh.

Who do you play as? I can tell you what you are doing wrong.
Blanka.

Thoth

Curleh Mustache~
Reaction score
A month late, but abuse the fuck out of your df + fierce slide.

Vertical ball is one of the only moves in the game that hits on the first frame, so it's super good.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Project Versus J is an upcoming team battle fighting game that, so far, features Goku from Dragon Ball, Luffy from One Piece, and Toriko from Toriko.

original.jpg

original.jpg

The upcoming game is headed to the PS3 and PS Vita, and it ill help mark the forty-fifth anniversary of Weekly Jump. There are more characters slated to appear, and you can expect them to dribble out one by one.

Golgo

Golgo
Reaction score
ブランカ said:
Project Versus J is an upcoming team battle fighting game that, so far, features Goku from Dragon Ball, Luffy from One Piece, and Toriko from Toriko.

The upcoming game is headed to the PS3 and PS Vita, and it ill help mark the forty-fifth anniversary of Weekly Jump. There are more characters slated to appear, and you can expect them to dribble out one by one.

I hope characters from other Jump magazines will be available. Very little chance it comes out here though.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's the beauty of the PS3 - region-free, baby! Vita, not so much. ;(

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I cancelled my original order for this back before it released.. But seeing it for pretty much half off.. I may go for it this time.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I imagine even with shipping that's still better than Amazon.ca's $129 sale (I was hoping they would have a similar price cut in Canada, but I guess not).

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On PSN today..

Darkstalkers Resurrection ($14.99) updates to two games for the price of one – Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge and Darkstalkers 3. These feature classic gameplay and unique characters as well as a host of new features, including a variety of HD visual modes, online play with 8-player lobbies, YouTube replay sharing, improved challenge modes, dynamic awards, and unlockable extras. Embrace the dark!

Darkstalkers Resurrection - Launch Trailer

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Same. I already have the PS2 Darkstalkers collection so I think that's enough for me. If it's ever a free PS+ option, though..

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Unfun fact: I subscribe to that guy's channel so I can easily search his updates and stream them via my 360. I fast forward a lot, but it's cool.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I was talking about this in the chat yesterday but I've been enjoying this youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MKSecrets

Particularly, the playlist series for "The History of Mortal Kombat" was enjoyable, but there are several other videos of interest (fatality compilations / individual videos, new stories, movie trailers, behind the scenes specials on the first movie, press releases for the LIVE TOUR, etc).

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Darkstalkers Resurrection will be on *sale* this week on PSN.
*sale is at full price for non PSN members but includes Puzzle Fighter. PSN members pay $10 for both games.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/20/playstation-plus-germinator-pinball-arcade-free-gamestop-ps-plus-deal/

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Finally used the $10 PSN credit I received a few months ago, and bought the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection. I was able to run through MK1 fairly easily, but I forgot what a cheap, cheating ASSHOLE the CPU can be in MK2 and 3. Seems the CPU is capable of countering anything by walking up and throwing you, or hitting an uppercut out of nowhere. I guess I'm just out of practice because I don't remember the game kicking my ass this badly when I was a teenager.

devo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, everyone should be watching CEO, especially right now, as they're doing a wrestling-themed event complete with face and heel commentators.

http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming/

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
lol @ the reaction to the words "Xbox One"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzNxbryJ4o