Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The We Watch Shitty WCW Club Inaugral Meeting (Take 2, Tonight at 8 P.M. EST!)

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jingus said:
Yeah, why is Warrior keeping his stupid trenchcoat on, anyway? Oh, that's why? Yeah, can't have a guy admit he gets hurt in a wrestling match, that would be bad.

But Warrior was supposed to ALL POWERFUL~! He was supposed to be SUPERHUMAN~! How else could you explain his ability to appear in mirrors, disappear in a cloud of smoke and carry Ed Leslie around like a doll? Showing that he was injured would reveal that he was really MORTAL~! That he was really...*Gasp*...HUMAN~!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh MAN where to start? There's the 17 wrestling matches which somehow produced 14 minutes of in-ring action. There's the most lackluster commentary in the world with Zybyzko and Heenan. There's run-in non-finishes in the two top matches. There's an advertised match which never happens! There's All Bischoff, All Night Long! And there's Chucky the goddamn doll, cutting a promo on a wrestler like he's serious. WOW. This was FUCKING TERRIBLE. At least that 2000 show kinda sorta resembled a wrestling program, this was just a bunch of random shit which was occasionally interrupted by very brief wrestling matches. I never, ever, EVER want to watch this again.

So, back here again next week?

timmy8271

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm game for next week. But we should take it to the chat cause I got tired of refreshing the thread after a while. And I'm up for the raw, I'll be in the chat.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Take it to the chat! We're watching RAW...well some of it. I'll probably bail out at some point.

Next week is Uncensored 2000 hopefully! If you think this show is bad...

BurningPirateShipSex

BurningPirateShipSex
Reaction score
Jingus said:
Fireworks for no reason! Seriously, they just shot off about $20,000 of pyro in the middle of the show. Not an entrance, not a victory celebration, just for no reason whatsoever.

Pyro was the WCW equivalent of Rev. Lovejoy's soundboard.

timmy8271

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This was fun as hell. The first 15 minutes of Raw had more wrestling than all 3 hours of Nitro. A Ic Title Tournament that lasts the whole show was nice. I suggested to Kamala that next time we do 1993 ECW or he said maybe Halloween Havoc 1995 which will be BRUTAl to watch again.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Next week there's a 99% chance I'll show up. This week it kept getting pushed back until it was the night before my exam that I'm cramming for instead of studying evenly over a large period of time and being ready by now...next week I'll join!

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Jingus said:
Fireworks for no reason! Seriously, they just shot off about $20,000 of pyro in the middle of the show. Not an entrance, not a victory celebration, just for no reason whatsoever.
You ever watch any of those early 90s WCW PPVs? Almost every entrance gets pyro. And half the time it only comes out of one side! Very cheap looking.

King Cucaracha

King Cucaracha
Reaction score
Am I the only one who clicks on these hardcoretv links and nothing happens? Am I doing something completely obvious wrong?

I tried to watch the show on DailyMotion but there's only three parts to it and it was in Russian, so I just ended up watching the lucha 6-man. Sad that Chavo was more over and more credible carrying a hobby horse to the ring than he is now.

EDIT: No, not sad, amusing. I like bitched out Chavo.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You know the biggest problem, by far, with this show (well besides Chucky) and the three hour Nitros in general was the pacing of it. It was a half decent one hour show buried in a godawful three hour show. The story of the master manipulatior Bischoff getting outwitted by Flair and the Four Horseman is a potentially good one but not when it features Bischoff walking around the arena yelling at people for twenty minutes.

Weird that Nitro basically showed you how not to do an owner-wrestler angle while RAW showed you the right way to do it.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
uploading Uncenaored 2000 now.. it's taking bloody FOREVER so might not have a link until tomorrow...

You know, I could just upload it on PWT and give you all invites.. that might be easier..

Obi Chris Kenobi

Personal Text goes here, Venkman
Reaction score
It'd be safer if you did it through demonoid or piratebay, at least then you won't have to worry about people you invite getting dodgy ratios and causing you to get banned.