Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The "We Watch Shitty WCW Shows" Club

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We're supposed to be doing this soon... but we have no idea what we're watching or when.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tuesday Night is still probably the time. I have no idea what we're watching and how. This is how the thing fell apart in the first place. There was no 100% snag free way to watch complete old, shitty WCW shows unless we all had a VHS or DVD copy of 'em and that ain't happening.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I still maintain Youku is the best option. Slow, yeah, but if people will just actually listen to us when we tell them "hey, start uploading the show the day before we actually watch it" then nobody should have any problems.

Megavideo is much faster, but it's sabotaged by that 70-minute quota limit which turns it off. Someone once said there was some kind of way around it, but I don't remember how it worked.

timmy8271

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well some of us don't keep the computer on the whole day say that wouldn't work. I think the Violence webisite is this best. It's mostly Daily Motion with some Youku links and is in English. And I think Wednesday would be the best day to do it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well Tuesday looked like it was on its way to winning the poll so Tuesday it'll be. How and what we'll be watching is what I'm wondering. A 2000 Nitro might be a good option if we're using Youku.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
After they went back from 3 to 2 hours, you mean? Which turns out to be ninety minutes minus commercials. Yeah, that should be doable. As long as you don't have a bunch of other programs running on your desktop, that should load in just a couple hours. Or you might get lucky, sometimes Youku randomly loads fast for no apparent reason. It can be slow, but I was exaggerating a little bit just to make sure that people wouldn't try to start loading it like half an hour before we began, cuz that wouldn't work. Just remember to let the video keep playing while you're loading so it finishes. Hey Cookie, could you post the link for the accelerator program again?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If we use Youku...I nominate any Nitro from '00. I'm watching the one from the night after Uncensored where Sid turns on Hulk Hogan after an incredibly staged press conference where "reporters" ask if there'll ever be a World Champion as good as Hogan. Then Scott Steiner clearly yells "FUCK YOU!" at Hogan during the main event.

I'm watching the opening segment---a dueling promo between Sid and Scott Steiner. My head hurts. Oh here's Hulk Hogan! And Sid's doing the Hulk Hogan gestures really poorly with a goofy grin on his face. I've never seen Sid so happy as he is in this segment!

And Hulk Hogan just said he's going to kick "Big Poppa Puppy's ass---- Hulkamania style!" Oh man...awesome.

Beast

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As long as there's enough lead time to have the show lined up for the people participating, then Tuesday's good, and I don't care what we watch exactly. Shitty WCW is Shitty WCW.