Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The WWF B, C, and D shows.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WCW Worldwide was on at 11 PM or midnight on Saturday Nights/Sunday AM on our local UPN affiliate from '99 on. Given that I was 11-12 at the time, I think I only got to watch it by accident. Incidentally, it competed partly against Jakked (or was it Metal?) which was on the local CBS affiliate at 11:30 PM on Saturdays.

On rare occasions, pubescent Kamala was able to stay up that late (see, @Hawk 34 , I've ALWAYS had trouble staying up late), it was a real Sophie's Choice decision if I wanted to watch SNL or some scintillating Mideon Vs Tracy Smothers matches. Luckily, this was pre having my own TV days and my dad was like "SCREW THAT WRESTLING GARBAGE! I WANNA WATCH TIM MEADOWS!"

As I mentioned earlier ITT, eventually Metal started airing at 7 AM on Saturday Mornings before cartoons on the local FOX affiliate starting sometime in '01 so I didn't have to choose between Perry Saturn and Rachel Dratch anymore.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey! They are both from Massachusetts so there's a distinct possibility they've been in the same room...

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey! They are both from Massachusetts so there's a distinct possibility they've been in the same room...
Hey, Saturn says there are parts of his life he doesn’t remember anymore.

Surely no one forgets their time spent with Rachel Dratch.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rachel Dratch has got to be up there in my Top 10 if not Top 5 for weirdest celebrity crushes.

I REALLY liked SNL in the '00s, guys.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lena Dunham is far and away both my weirdest and most problematic celebrity crush.

angry and/or sad reacts only

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He was so cool. My go-to in WCW/nWo Revenge. It's remarkable it took so long to team with Haku.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Who honestly thought Bruce's two post Brother Love gimmicks were good ideas or even really ideas at all? Beyond latter being Vince's bad comedy idea of a Dusty Rhodes parody. It seems like The Wizard was just Vince telling Bruce to go out there and be as generic of a heel as possible.

They should have just had Brother Love comeback in '93. Me and @The Valeyard would've liked it at least.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Whenever I see him cited as the Wizard I just immediately think of King Curtis. There's a good chance I missed some fun stuff because I just let myself assume the commentary WOULD BE SHOUTED AND NOT HAVE ANY POINT BUT LOUD IS BETTER.

Monsoon saying he's a newcomer but infamous is the sort of apathy I want of that era Monsoon.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I can't wrap my head around the longevity of the Bushwhackers. Like that being less that five years (barely) before the gimmick battle royal and them being active in the company at that point is just not right in my head.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even as an 8 year old mark, I was like "Wait. Why are the Bushwhackers still around!?" when they occasionally showed up to do a squash match or job to the Bodydonnas. Them in the New Generation era seems like an anachronism and yet they were basically around for the majority of the era.

Valeyard

Reaction score
So I've wound up watching entirely more Adam Bomb than I ever expected to and I'm 100% sure that if he got a big push he would've been a big player. Instead he was jobbing to bigger stars or feuding with Well Dunn on b-shows. Stupid Well Dunn.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He probably would have been better off if he had stayed in WCW. No way that you're going to want to give Adam Bomb a push when you already have Diesel and The Undertaker on the roster (and SID during the last year). He at least gets a spot in the Dungeon of Doom and a US Title feud with Sting if he stayed.

It seems like Bischoff did genuinely try strong midcard pushes with Wrath and later Kronik but I'm not sure if he wasn't already damaged goods when he arrived back.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Adam Bomb was probably the first wrestler that scared me as a kid (other than Taker of course). Those goggles and those blood red eyes gave me the creeps.

Him launching nerf footballs into the crowd the very next year killed his aura for me.

I'll always defend Kronik. They were an entertaining powerhouse tag team that beat the shit out of anyone. When they starting ripping off APA, that's when I lost interest in them but their first few months in their face turn was awesome.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Heel Adam Bomb would've worked as an upper card guy, at least in the spot Crush had in 1994 or something comparable. With Yokozuna out a lot of the year, he could've filled a gap. Between him and Bigelow that's some upper card beef to feed Bret or Razor with.

I think if he stayed in WCW he'd have just gotten swallowed up by the time Hogan got there. At best he'd be kinda like Roadblock where he'd squash people but really be around to take a Torture Rack. He jumps BACK immediately, though, he'd have way more options. All would lead to the Doomsday Cage but he'd have a shot, dammit.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. Why the hell did WWF turn a charismaless dolt like Adam Bomb babyface? If you replace Whippleman with Fuji and have him take Crush's spots on the card in late '94, I think he has a strong chance of at least becoming #3 or #4 heel. Heel roster in '95 was an absolute clown car and I feel he was better served there than fighting for Bret, Razor, Diesel, Undertaker, and Luger's scraps with Duke Droese and Man Mountain Rock.

Valeyard

Reaction score
You can only really get a guy like him over as a face organically, I think. The biggest he ever got as a single was mowing through people and was getting pops, but that is pretty much impossible in that era of the WWF. I seriously think all he did before and after Survivor Series '94 was feud with Wippleman guys on b-shows. My nine-year-old mush brain remembers it as a feud with Johnny Polo until Polo left and suddenly it was all Harvey guys, though.

But I mean, even into '95...fucking Henry Godwinn got an upper card push with and against Dibiase. If you have to do that, you can have Adam Bomb nuke the urn instead of Kama making it jewelry.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I completely forgot that Fink used to drop in with voiceovers to promote upcoming house shows during matches. That was a fun little surprise in that clip.