Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The WWF B, C, and D shows.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I wanna say I was apathetic as soon as the possibility of Sunny being a semi-regular for a little while hit me. She and Todd had sexual tension, you know.

Valeyard

Reaction score
People love JR getting pissed or Heyman calling in as "Bruce from CT." But the best was stuff Rocky Maivia coming in and having callers destroy him, people clamoring for a cruiserweight division (naming guys like Dean Malenko and Chris Candido, among others), Shawn basically coming out and saying he's banging Sunny...I miss that show.

Attitude Era began when Michael Cole started hosting it as a recap show.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
People love JR getting pissed or Heyman calling in as "Bruce from CT." But the best was stuff Rocky Maivia coming in and having callers destroy him, people clamoring for a cruiserweight division (naming guys like Dean Malenko and Chris Candido, among others), Shawn basically coming out and saying he's banging Sunny...I miss that show.

Attitude Era began when Michael Cole started hosting it as a recap show.
JR said on his pod that he wasn't happy having to get up early (on his only "day off"???) drive into Conn. and do a live broadcast.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I was going to mention Charlie Minn earlier, but I got majorly sidetracked trying to figure out if Charlie Minn the announcer became Charlie Minn filmmaker. It doesn't say on IMDB but then I wouldn't want the WWF on my listing, either. But even the simple thought that I've watched what are frankly mediocre and exploitative crime docs by WWF's Charlie Minn is just crazy.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
When @King Kamala pointed me this way I was not expecting to read so much on Michael Hayes’ dumb, doughy body in 99 but that’s okay

I used to be so hyped at any wrestling so I never saw these as lower shows. I remember I used to watch everything I could find and then one day in 3rd grade some girl on the playground owned me because I had never heard of WWF Mania. And then I watched every week. I’ll probably lay awake tonight wondering what became of her.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Blast Off doesn’t ring a bell but there always seemed to be one or two syndicated shows I couldn’t find airing locally and it would bug me so much.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Google Search isn't showing much except it replaced WWF Mania on WGN. I didn't even know Mania aired on WGN. Did Chicago not get USA Network?

Valeyard

Reaction score
I hated Mania but still watched it. I liked how it was recorded just in the production office, though. I used to wonder what the people working there thought about it. Getting a set just made it worse.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was actually taped on Saturday morning so I would hope most of the production staff were home for the weekend and didn't have to put up with Todd's ham and cheese mugging while they worked.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I swear there's people trying to do whatever it is they do, at least sometimes. For sure on a bunch of the Coliseum Video intros of the time.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have no recollection of this show at all and this was peak of my fandom.

“Hey Todd. We need you to host another syndicated show.”
“Between this show and the radio job, I have no time!”
“Don’t worry, pal, we’ll film it at the radio station!”
I forgot how much Todd over-enunciating “Double-You Double-You Eff” would annoy the shit out of me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Biggest surprise was Barry Horowitz being a fan of Alabama and Bam Bam's all time favorite band being third tier southern rockers Wet Willie.

I wanted to hear Savio's full version of "Hotel California".

Valeyard

Reaction score
Those bits were highlights of the show, especially when it hit the month or so where they'd ask Duke Drose things and it'd be him wanting to fuck Sunny.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Back in the 80s Superstars was considered the A show right? I know they had Primetime Wrestling, but Superstars was still the most important? If so, at what point did the Monday night show become the A show? Was it pre or post Raw?