Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The WWF New Generation Thread Volume 2

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Hiro Matsuda was a Japanese native. Virtually all the other major Japanese heels, Mitsu Arakawa, Duke Keomuka, Kinji Shibuya, Mr. Fuji, Professor Tanaka, Tor Kamata, Mr. Moto, the Great Togo (George Okamura), Tosh Togo (Harold Sakata), all American.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of cool cards... I can't imagine Bret wrestled Neidhart too often even on house shows. Undertaker coming out of the heart is so corny yet cool.

ed5a8cfc4b322584ae8951d9516872bd.jpg

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They did Bret Vs Anvil a decent amount on the house show loop in the months before Bret's 2nd World Title run ended. One of the matches is on the first WWE Unreleased DVD/BluRay from a few years back.

Idk if Anvil ever had a peak as a singles (cue @BruiserBrody huffing) but it does seem somewhat telling that even Bret Hart at his peak couldn't get a match good enough for TV out of him in '94.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
They did Bret Vs Anvil a decent amount on the house show loop in the months before Bret's 2nd World Title run ended. One of the matches is on the first WWE Unreleased DVD/BluRay from a few years back.

Idk if Anvil ever had a peak as a singles (cue @BruiserBrody huffing) but it does seem somewhat telling that even Bret Hart at his peak couldn't get a match good enough for TV out of him in '94.
Honestly, even pre-WWF he wasn't a main event singles guy of any note. His Florida run that the WWF scooped him out of was a upper spot but that was teaming with the Saint and Crusher Krushchev, and IIRC he and Butch Reed were tag champs of Mid-south. I guess in Memphis he was technically one of the top heels after he kicked Jimmy Hart out of the First Family and took over as leader of the heels (Neidhart's Raiders).
Hopefully my facts check out off the top of my head. My old man brain glitches out now and then lately.

He was a brawny heel and that would have been good enough to make solid money for 20 years in the business pre-expansion.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shook with rage when I saw a VOW podcast about how AEW Rampage tonight is the first major wrestling event to occur at the United Center.

I will not tolerate Undertaker Vs Undertaker erasure. Or the WCW PPV where a bunch of cops pulled guns on Hulk Hogan erasure!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Summerslam had two of my favorite matches ever (Bret/Owen and Razor/Diesel) so unless Punk or Bryan have to sell for Walter Peyton's corpse in a cage it's all hyperbolic nonsense.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That footage never came out, did it? The whole Wrestlemania 9 rehearsal.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That footage never came out, did it? The whole Wrestlemania 9 rehearsal.
Didn’t a huge chunk out of it get shown in the history of wrestlemania documentary?

otherwise someone contact the cock and get this complete footage uploaded.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I think some did but just some clips. It's my personal favorite show ever and I'd be really down for that kinda stuff. Maybe find out why Kamala/Bigelow didn't happen after all these years.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Justin Credible was on Colt Cabana or Jericho's podcast way back in the day and he said after this match, he was able to sell himself to indy promoters as "the man who beat IRS" for a while. At least until he became Aldo Montoya. Which honestly, I feel like is a worse way to sell yourself to indy promoters than the "man who beat IRS". I don't think Aldo ever went over anyone on the same level as IRS.

Fake edit- Looking at Cawthon's, I totally forgot the time Aldo Montoya beat then IC Champion Jeff Jarrett in a non-title match. Man, '95 WWF is ass.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Aldo had a mini program with Lawler in '96 and even beat him in a match on one of the C shows.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Bischoff ruined late night for everyone.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not just a feature match up at a random B house show, a featured match at MSG! Vince Sr must have been doing cartwheels in his grave.