Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

This Kesha-Dr. Luke situation is awful

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
www.passionweiss.com/2015/11/17/what-happened-to-kesha-a-timeline/
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/kesha-lawsuit-dr-luke-sony-decision-2016

This is all horrible and I'm shocked that it doesn't seem to be getting that much media coverage.

OG

OG
Reaction score
I agree. I'm stunned that this isn't all over the place. I think it's a sad case of a double standard because it's Kesha (someone the media would usually ridicule) rather than a "respectable" artist. Pretty despicable.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Kesha is one of the few modern day pop stars I actually like so this is pretty sad to see. I saw a few posts on Facebook and Twitter about it but nothing outside of that. How fucking awful is it that Chris Brown still has a popular music career but Kesha is legally bound to a rapist who won't let her do anything.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw one doofus on Facebook defend the decision by saying "Why should we believe her? She once admitted to brushing their teeth with Jack Daniels!" Well, the song where Kesha talked about that was written by Dr. Luke! Incredibly fucked up.

Also I was looking up Dr. Luke's production discography to see who he's worked with recently and saw that he produced a song on R. Kelly's last album. ::)

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Without touching the rapey part (especially now that the waters are muddied thanks to that deposition video), this piece of that article explains the initial ruling:
New York Supreme Court Justice Shirley Kornreich ruled this past Friday that she needed to follow through on the terms of her contract, but didn't have to work with Dr. Luke.

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently there were two lawsuits in two different states. One was dropped.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

So this POS gets nominated for a Grammy (using a different pseudonym thinking people won't notice) and Fiona Apple rightfully calls him out. Can we permanently cancel this guy?