• No

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • DIE LORIA! DIEEEEEEEE!

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I bet that tears up a lot of Yankees fans at this point.

Yovani Gallardo pitched his first complete game of his short MLB career last night in Houston. Maybe he really is shaping up to be a true #1...

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
14-0 for the Jays over White Sox. Yowza. I'm trying not to be like most baseball fans in Toronto and believe they have a shot this year but it's certainly looking good at the moment.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the Phillies' pitching staff has set a record by allowing a home run in each of their first 15 games. Impressive, but that seems rather arbitrary. A quick check of the Retrosheet era (1954-present) shows that two teams have allowed home runs in 26 consecutive games. (The Mariners in 2004 and the Astros in 2001.) The Phillies' streak is actually 16 games counting last season's finale.

Oddly, before last night the Phillies had walked the fewest batters in the league.

Bored

Boreding Hard
Reaction score
Team offensive statistics the A's rank dead last in the A.L.: Runs, Hits, Doubles, Home Runs, Stolen Bases, Average, OBP, Slugging, and Total Bases. They are next to last in triples though, so hey that's something!

If they get swept this weekend the panic button is coming out.

N

naiwf

I feel for you Bored.

So far in today's Mets game Daniel Murphy made a great play in the outfield and the Mets scored 2 runs on a blunder in the outfield. Thank goodness for the Nats 19 times a year.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I figured they would send Wang to the DL instead of designating him for assignment.

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Apparently ESPN developed a new baseball scoring system without telling anyone. What did the Red Sox do in the 4th to get that one run penalty?

zio

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So Dan Meyer pitched for the Florida Marlins tonight in the 8th inning and retired Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley, and Ryan Howard. He graduated from my high school my freshman year and was selected by the Atlanta Braves in the draft. His Braves jersey is still in the Wall of Fame at the high school. That was awesome seeing him out there since I thought he was basically done.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
That's funny the school put up a jersey of a team he played 2 innings for right away, yet my school didn't put anything up for Ryne Sandberg until after he was elected into the HOF. And it's not like they had anyone else to brag about.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think I just crushed my left ball jumping for joy after Prince Fielder's home run to re-take the lead vs. Houston.

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brewers/Astros was a marathon yesterday...almost 4 and a half hours. Nice to see the Crew pull out the win last night...would love the sweep today, but with the shaky Manny Parra starting for the Brewers, not sure if it's in the cards.

Also, it was pretty funny seeing Pudge and Cecil Cooper get ejected. Just seemed like it came out of the blue when Pudge started arguing with the home plate umpire.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I'm heading to Reading today to catch the AA Phillies against the Bowie Baysox. I'm going to see a lot of the Orioles' farm system in the next week, as I'm set to cover three Norfolk games this week as well.

Bored

Boreding Hard
Reaction score
Brandon Webb has been shut down and will miss at least another six weeks. Stephen Drew has also been placed on the DL due to a strained hammy. It's going to be a looooooooooong year for the D-Backs.

Also Brian McCann has been DL'd due to his mysterious eye problem. Hope this doesn't turn into the Kirby Puckett situation for him.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Smues said:
That's funny the school put up a jersey of a team he played 2 innings for right away, yet my school didn't put anything up for Ryne Sandberg until after he was elected into the HOF. And it's not like they had anyone else to brag about.

Phillip Rivers paid money out of his own pocket to have the street behind our high school's football stadium named after him

zio

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cody Ross is pitching for the Florida Marlins. This series sweep is a pleasant surprise.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Florida has really been exposed. Really, almost any team in baseball would have a damn good record if they played the Nats 6 times in their first 12 games.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jays won their 6th straight series to start the season. Halladay was ordinary for the most part, but they keep winning these games that they were losing in the past few years.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still in FIRST PLACE by at least one game, pending the Yankees/Red Sox game.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh first place, that's it. I keep forgetting.

For those of you who can't get enough Yankees/Red Sox games game 4 of the 2004 ALCS is on ESPN Classic right now.

DMann1979

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If the Reds had a right hand bat to go along with Votto and Bruce, that would be one tough 3-5 lineup, throw Phillips in at 2 (where he SHOULD be) and that would be potent.

I know Bruce is in his hot streak mode now and will cool off soon for like 8 games, but it pains me that Votto is as good as he is (and getting better) and yet as a 1st baseman in the NL will never eclipse Pujols in All Star voting (or Howard for that matter). Granted every year Pujols proves why he gets that voting, but I wish Votto had a bit more coverage his way.