Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

This Week in Baseball 5/25 - 5/31

jwest27

Active Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. I mean, if St. Louis is too much pressure for you, perhaps the whole playing baseball in front of thousands of people is not your thing.

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Cubs sure didn't mess around with the Dodgers yesterday on TV. Weaver looked awful.

The Brewers bats seemed to come alive yesterday, as they had a big win against the Reds last night, including three home runs. Would love to see them beat them again today to finish the series and create a bit of separation in that division.

Speaking of the NL Central, how pathetic does Houston look right now? They're below the Pirates right now. How soon before Cecil Cooper is the third manager fired this season?

N

naiwf

Another day, another Mets injury. Pagan pulled up lame chasing a double by Hanley in the top of the 4th.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Greinke's given up 4 runs in 5 innings against the White Sox of all teams today. I was hoping he'd stay sub-1 until the All-Star break at least.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Garrett Anderson has hit a homerun just barely before the month of June! Go Braves!

Next USC #55

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tekcop said:
Greinke's given up 4 runs in 5 innings against the White Sox of all teams today. I was hoping he'd stay sub-1 until the All-Star break at least.

Of all teams? I didn't realize the White Sox was fielding a lineup of sub Mendoza hitters, the way you make it sound like.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
The White Sox are 12th in the American League in batting average, on-base percentage, and slugging. I'd say that saying 'of all teams' is justified.

Next USC #55

Integral Poster
Reaction score
But it's not like it was going to hold up. They ALWAYS heat up when the summer starts up. ALWAYS. If he was talking about like, Arizona, then yeah, that's warranted.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
So by that logic why did you make the Mendoza line comment? Since they'd just heat up in the summer anyway so who cares if they aren't hitting at all.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Next USC #55 said:
tekcop said:

Of all teams? I didn't realize the White Sox was fielding a lineup of sub Mendoza hitters, the way you make it sound like.
They're not completely useless, but I expected team that does more than just hit home runs to be the first ones this season to break Greinke's three-run cherry. He's made their lineup look pretty foolish in his last two starts against them.

Next USC #55

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Smues said:
So by that logic why did you make the Mendoza line comment? Since they'd just heat up in the summer anyway so who cares if they aren't hitting at all.

Because the White Sox are perennially one of the better offensive teams (its the defense and sometimes pitching that has killed them most years), so it was odd to see someone talk about them as if they were offensively inept.

And yeah, this was a fluke. Greinke'll be back making fools out of them the next time out.