Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

This Week in Baseball 6/8 - 6/14

Reaction score
Lets not forget using a bunt to move a base stealer over.

BTW did you guys see Milton Bradley highlights from today's game?

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I did, but I don't really like to discuss minor league teams.

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's not the only ace hurt. Jake Peavy to the DL for his ankle, apparently.

the max

Soxy
Reaction score
Too busy watching the Red Sox and Phillies strike each other out.

Can't wait to see this.

Daniel Bard possibly breaks Ibanez's arm and then throws a slider so nasty Victorino almost breaks his wrists trying to hold up.

N

naiwf

I am officially done with the Mets. I can't stand watching them find new and excrutiating ways to fuck things up year after year. They're about a season away from being a Knicks level laughingstock now.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
They need a whole season past "Teixiera scoring from first on a 110 foot fly ball" to reach the Knicks?

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really enjoyed seeing a White Sox/Brewers game for the first time in 8 years. I miss that rivalry a lot.

N

naiwf

oldskool said:
They need a whole season past "Teixiera scoring from first on a 110 foot fly ball" to reach the Knicks?

The Knicks have built a tremendous lead with the Dolan/Layden/Thomas era. Between the 25-35 win seasons, trading away TWO #1 picks for a fat piece of shit, drafting scrubs, trading away valuable pieces for older, less valuable, more expensive pieces with extra years on their contracts, giving Allan Houson $100 million, and their general futility since the '99 Finals run the Mets still need to find a way to trade someone like Reyes, Wright, Beltran and/or Santana for a broken down guy who produces less, or they need to blow a 10 game lead down the stretch to really drive the choke artist label home, or they could also finish under .500 with their ~$150 million payroll to reach Knicks level bad.

the max

Soxy
Reaction score
Hey Julio Lugo hit something!

Sure it was some guy's umbrella but still.

And then he rips a triple under Victorino's glove. Too bad this game is going to go into delay soon.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
I can not express enough how unbelieveably shitty the weather has been in the northeast this season. I have personally been to three rainouts, one rain shortened game, a rain delayed game, and a game played in its entirety in rain. That's not counting the standard bitter cold games.

the max

Soxy
Reaction score
MLB Network is the greatest network on television. Just like Tyrannovision, it decides what I should look at.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it all just karma for the Denkinger blown call in '85?

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gary Cohen on the live feed of the WPIX broadcast after Santana was taken out of game (obviously thinking no one could hear him)

"So when does *he* go on the DL?"

Ha!

alkeiper

Reaction score
Quick look through game finder says that yes, nine runs allowed is a career high for Santana. Better luck next game.

alkeiper

Reaction score
This interleague scheduling is really brutal for the NL teams by the way. You literally can play .400 ball and gain ground in the standings.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
K-Rod (Mets) and Bruney (Yankees) fight pre subway series game 6/14/09

K-Rod getting into it with Brian Bruney before today's game. I guess Bruney said something to a reporter dissing K-Rod's post save celebrations and Frankie wasn't too happy about it. Bruney probably shouldn't have said anything considering the theatrics of Joba, but whatever.

Oh yeah, that was a satisfying win today after the way this week has gone. Time to feast on some shitty teams again!

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
strummer said:
Gary Cohen on the live feed of the WPIX broadcast after Santana was taken out of game (obviously thinking no one could hear him)

"So when does *he* go on the DL?"

Ha!
That still doesn't top the Indians radio broadcasters in the early 80s. When the Indians were bringing Joe Bibby in, Herb Score, thinking they'd gone to commercial, said "This guy scares the shit out of me" live on the radio. Poor Joe Tait had to tell them they were still on the air.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really hope that there's some seagull-related issue that screws up this potential no-hitter for Lee.

That'll do, though.