Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

TMZ.com TV Show

Reaction score
Posted by: The Real BX March 30, 2009 06:54 pm
Okay, so at 6:30 p.m. every day, celebrity stalker show TMZ comes on FOX 5 in D.C.

I always immediately turn the channel to ABC World News, or something similar. Most of you know my position on the cult of celebrity.

Well, today I didn't turn the channel. I checked out a few minutes of this crap.

Why do people watch this? It's basically 30 minutes of people stalking celebrities, then convening in an office to discuss who they stalked and how hard they stalked them. What is wrong with peoples lives that this sort of stuff would appeal to them?

I expect to hear from you, Barron.

Posted by: Maztinho March 30, 2009 07:09 pm
I don't get the appeal either, at least the local FOX affiliate here doesn't put it on until like 12:30am or something making me think it's some FOX mandated syndicated show that they have to show, but aren't told when they have to.

Here's every clip ever.

HEY CELEBRITY LOOK OVER HERE! CELEB! CELEB!!!

Celeb gets into their car.

Cut to the office.

Celeb looked hot.

*laughter*
Posted by: dubq March 30, 2009 07:19 pm
I don't mind TMZ as much as the other celebrity worship shows. Mostly because whatever I see is usually them just cracking jokes on celebrities and how dumb some of them are.

Posted by: Twisted Intestine March 31, 2009 01:14 pm
Anyone watch Entertainment Tonight, or E, or whatever it's called? I watched the show once, and the whole thing seems like it's previews of what's to come on the show... and then it's over! I never watched it again.

Posted by: Dontrelle March 31, 2009 02:26 pm
tmz is the best. cracking on lame celebrities is pretty fun because they're often completely patethic. its life real life johnny dramas. they don't usually follow the serious ones or do fluff pieces on dancing with the stars. max rules.

Posted by: daileyxplanet March 31, 2009 02:38 pm
I prefer Best Week Ever.
Posted by: KanadianKrusty March 31, 2009 03:30 pm
TMZ was okay while back, and then they poked fun at Randy Savage, and you just don't do that without the use of 20 year old promos. Who's the host anyway, Harvey something?, he really deserves a good solid kick in the nads for being that big a douche.

Posted by: 909 March 31, 2009 03:57 pm
QUOTE (daileyxplanet @ March 31, 2009 11:38 am)
I prefer Best Week Ever.

Best Week Ever used to be somewhat funny, but now it is really tired.

The Soup kinda took Best Week Ever and rubbed its face into the dirt.
Posted by: dubq March 31, 2009 04:03 pm
QUOTE (KanadianKrusty @ March 31, 2009 03:30 pm)
TMZ was okay while back, and then they poked fun at Randy Savage, and you just don't do that without the use of 20 year old promos. Who's the host anyway, Harvey something?, he really deserves a good solid kick in the nads for being that big a douche.

Harvey Levin. He's flaaaaaaming!

EDIT: Wow that was my hundreth post. Go me!
Posted by: TheDevilAndGodAreRagingInsideMe March 31, 2009 04:06 pm
Fuckin' Fox New York put this waste of a show on at 6:30, messing around with my Simpsons/Seinfeld re-runs.
Posted by: dx1997 April 01, 2009 02:47 am
TMZ needs to stop with Octomom. I mean SERIOUSLY, anyone still care about her? Did anyone ever?

Posted by: Jaxxxson Mayhem April 02, 2009 04:04 am
TMZ is awesome. I either watch that or Bob and Tom at 11 or something. I watch TMZ whenever I pass it when changing channels. The Soup is also awesome.