Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

TNA Impact 4/2/09

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From the Observer update:

"Impact had 18:01 of wrestling in the two hours last night, including just over 4 minutes in the entire first hour. Still, I'd say it was the best Impact in a looooooooooooong time, thanks pretty much entirely to Mick Foley. The show did another 1.3 rating and 1.9 million viewers."

I wonder if next week will be the week that they can get over the 2 million viewer hump. Meltzer said that he's heard from various people that next weeks Impact (which would be the final one before Lockdown) is supposed to be really good. Anyone who read the spoilers for next week...it does look pretty darn fun/interesting/awesome on paper.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
bps21 said:
From the Observer update:

"Impact had 18:01 of wrestling in the two hours last night, including just over 4 minutes in the entire first hour. Still, I'd say it was the best Impact in a looooooooooooong time, thanks pretty much entirely to Mick Foley. The show did another 1.3 rating and 1.9 million viewers."

I wonder if next week will be the week that they can get over the 2 million viewer hump. Meltzer said that he's heard from various people that next weeks Impact (which would be the final one before Lockdown) is supposed to be really good. Anyone who read the spoilers for next week...it does look pretty darn fun/interesting/awesome on paper.

And I know I'm in mark out mode already for the return that is happening.

King Cucaracha

King Cucaracha
Reaction score
So, I'm watching 4/9 and hoping somebody can clear this up.

Foley, face or heel? Guns, face or heel? Sting, face or heel? Booker's a heel and Joe's a face, I know that, even though they have a segment where we're presumably supposed to feel sympathetic towards Booker because Joe kidnapped his wife. Steiner and Jarrett?

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score
Foley's a face. Sting is too much of a chickenshit to leave the MEM even though he knows the group is unscrupulous. The Guns are still heels as they were fighting for the MEM cause. JJ is a face and Steiner is an asshole trying to trick JJ into trusting him before lowering the boom on him.

King Cucaracha

King Cucaracha
Reaction score
Foley's the face. That's what I thought, but I sure as hell didn't get that out of his anti-Guns promo. He uses his power to make their match a First Blood match because he wants to disfigure them, because his kid wants to look like Alex Shelley? That sounds like a heel move to me.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Foley is going crazy and Sting is still slowly turning face.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Yeah even though the whole MEM angle has been poorly booked, it's led to some cool developments for some characters. Joe has gained about 60 pounds and has gone crazy, and Don West basically thinks MEM can do no wrong.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The main thing that I think is going on well for this company right now is that, for whatever reason, Foley and Sting are really into what's going on and have been more interesting than you'd think. Foley has picked it up recently and is the best thing on the show...but Sting and his promo's and character have been on fire since October. Most of what Sting is doing doesn't even make much sense...but he's been so awesome that it doesn't really matter.

Silence

Integral Poster
Reaction score
daileyxplanet said:
I don't know... Foley still kinda seems to be phoning it in. What's with all of the song quotes lately?

And basically acting goofy.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't see phoning in at all. I think what he's done with his character (after having been a goofy funloving character for a long while now) is pretty interesting. Every week he loses it a little bit more and his goofy behavior is shifting into madness.

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't know what it was about this weeks iMPACT!, I can't put my finger on it, but something didn't seem that great. I haven't skipped any of iMPACT! recently while watching, but I found myself fast forwarding through large chunks of it this week.

I'm looking forward to next week though, with the return of
a wrestler