Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2 coming in 4K

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Announced by Tony Hawk himself!

https://twitter.com/tonyhawk/status/1260238636060037120

fazzle

Integral Poster
I'm like 80% hyped, but also 20% cautious because of the last time they tried to remake Tony Hawk 1 on the 360 and the physics just didn't feel right at all

treble

Administrator
Staff member
I've been playing the first 2 on the Dreamcast a bit over the past few days. I was never any good at them, so now I'm just getting frustrated and my thumb keeps getting sore because the Dreamcast D-pad kind of sucks.

And it also should be on the Switch.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
fazzle said:
I'm like 80% hyped, but also 20% cautious because of the last time they tried to remake Tony Hawk 1 on the 360 and the physics just didn't feel right at all
No kidding. I pulled my 360 out for the first time in a few years to give this a try the other day. Maybe because I'd been playing the originals right before, but I don't remember thinking they were this bad when I played it originally. Also, the sound wasn't working for some reason.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
I’ll get with some hesitation. They are remastering so many games now and there are a lot that I feel never have the same touch as the original - not sure if it is the mechanics of the new system or just my change in tastes.

I remember how crazy this game was when I tried it at a friend’s and how hyped I was getting it for my birthday that year.

I feel like we are going through a massive amount of remasters, including some random games I saw coming soon that I didn’t even realize were that popular - so at least we get an iconic one in this one, made even cooler if they truly can get all the proper soundtrack rights.