Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Toxic Avenger remake starring Peter Dinklage

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I hope this sees the light of day, but with casting announced it seems like we are close to a legit production happening this time around. Just seems like this has been on the rumor mill for years in terms of moving forward. Wasn't even Schwarzenegger attached to the project at one point?

Great that Herz and Lloyd are producing, hopefully that keeps the Troma vibe out front and center.

Will this be a PG-13 grab? I'm guessing so with Legendary attached

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
At this point, I'm fine with a PG-13 remake if it's in the hands of competent filmmakers. I also know Macon Blair works best with an R-rating, if only because he likes to tackle some real grim material and display realistic violence and its effects.

Laz

Reaction score
16 year old Laz is annoyed that it's being remade at all, regardless of the cred that the announced cast and crew have, but 16 year old Laz also thought rocking a Mohawk with sideburns and a goatee was a good idea.

Laz

Reaction score
Early reports filtering in are positive, with some saying it's the best Toxie movie yet.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Seems confirmed that this will be a hard R release.....plenty of gore etc has been noted in the FF showings.

So who will actually play Toxie as my impression is Dinklage is only playing pre-Toxie Melvin Junko.

I wonder if they will never release the Toxie look ahead of time and use that in part as a hook for people to go see it?

Elijah Wood cosplaying as Batman Returns Penguin is a weird take, guessing he's in the role of the mayor, ie the fat dude that got his guts punched out in the original?

Cmon lets get a release date going here soon, please! It seems like Troma is on board with the direction they took on this, so this seems (at least from the info so far) like a win-win.

Laz

Reaction score
It's rocking that late 00s grindhouse redux feel but doesn't look like it's being too cheesy about it. JUST GIMME A WIDE RELEASE.