Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

TRTSM Deli

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like we had a sandwiches thread at one point but I don't feel like searching far back. Discuss your favorite sandwiches ITT. Homemade or local spots.

My favorite current sandwich condiments are alfalfa sprouts and whole grain mustard. And I've been into ezekial bread so I've basically turned into a hippie from the '80s during quarantine.

Reaction score
I think my favorite condiment is now avocado sauce. I used to be big on mayo and then soured on it, so now I'll have it every now and then, but I never hesitate to add avocado sauce whenever I get the chance.

I've never heard ezekiel bread. At home we use sourdough bread, soft wheat and soft white. I know white bread isn't healthy, but I can't resist.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bread and bread substitutes seems in short supply at the store. I used to buy these wraps but they have been gone from the shelves since the whole pandemic thing came down. Now I try to get whatever the lightest pita bread is that's available because I'm one of those people that doesn't like tasting a lot of grain and wheat when I eat a sandwich or wrap -- it is there for a little texture and to hold the whole thing together. I will only get wheat bread if it is a last resort.

I mostly try to get turkey or chicken but will switch it up occasionally for a change. Cheese varies, too. I don't use any condiments except mustard but only on turkey.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've never heard ezekiel bread. At home we use sourdough bread, soft wheat and soft white. I know white bread isn't healthy, but I can't resist.
My personal trainer recommended it to me. Ezekiel Bread is specific brand of that bread. It's loosely made based on a recipe in the Bible (I say loosely because the recipe in the Bible involved human feces)

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Virginia ham with munster and spicy brown mustard is the one I'm usually associated with but I've grown an appreciation for Pepper Jack in recent years.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My girlfriend and her son turned me on to Cooper Sharp Cheese. Like a moderately nicer American cheese. Like deep down I really do want American cheese on my sandwich but I don't want people to think I am 8 years old.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
American cheese just kind of... sucks. I don't really find any flavor to it. It kind of gums up the sandwich when I chew.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like you only get the gumminess if you buy those prepackaged American cheese slices. Regular deli sliced American cheese is a good neutral cheese, which is what I'm looking for 75% of the time when I'm making a sandwich at home.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My personal trainer recommended it to me. Ezekiel Bread is specific brand of that bread. It's loosely made based on a recipe in the Bible (I say loosely because the recipe in the Bible involved human feces)

When I was on my best weight cut Zeke Bread was on the menu. I actually found it to be almost too heavy when eating.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
If I go the sandwich route at the local greasy spoon, it's the Rueben. I don't go out to eat other than on road trips or to the local diner twice a month on pay day for breakfast with the co-workers. It's a perk/detriment of being single, as there's no pressure to have to go blow money on food just because its the weekend.

I lose many points in Wisconsin for not really digging brats on buns. Chop that shit up and mix it with sour kraut and eat it as the main course with a fork and I'm in.
---

*Fake link to recent article on Subway Tuna having no Tuna DNA when a newspaper put it to the test.