Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

TRTSM UFC Undisputed 09 Fight Club Sign-Ups

Which weight class should we start with?

• Total voters

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Ok, since the game is mere days away and it seems like there is significant interest, here's the official sign up thread. First, a little info

- This will be for the Xbox 360 version.
- We will play one weight class at a time to limit confusion and give me less of a headache keeping track of everything.
- This is double elimination tournament style. You lose twice, you are eliminated. I'll post the bracket and a timeframe that I'd like the matches to take place (probably will be 4 or so days, though we will move on if things wrap up early) and it is up to the participants to send me the results via PM or in the thread I post the bracket in. All I need is the winner, type of victory (KO, sub) and what round it ended in.
- There may be a small prize for the winner of each class. I haven't decided yet.

Ok, so if you want in, vote in the poll above and post your Gamertag. I'll probably look this over during the Shitty WCW Club meeting on Tuesday night.

Lei Tong

...un pocho pendejo, at that!
Reaction score
My Gamertag is Lei Tong.

EDIT: How soon after release are we planning on starting matches? I'm not sure if I'll have the money to buy it on launch day,though if worse comes to worse I suppose I could simply rent it until I get paid for the current installation job.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
UTBroward is my gamertag.

I'll more than likely be getting it on release day

Hawkius Maximus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've heard that Brock Lesnar is an absolute beast in the game. So for that reason, I voted for Light Heavyweight. Seems like the most possibility for even fights in that division.

This is all in case we're using real guys.

Gamer tag is HawkiusMaximus

M

Matt Young

I voted Light Heavyweight as well.

Are we doing just tournaments, or will the tournaments be to crown champions and then we'll have regularly scheduled league events? I thought it was going to be a league with a weekly card.

Gamertag: X Matt Young X

I have barely played my 360 in 2 months with the exception being the demo for this game. I can't wait.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vici0usFish is my gamer tag. I picked LHW too. However gets Brock is going to be damn tough to beat.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I picked HW to sort of get it out of the way before we move onto classes that've got a bit of a "rounder" fighter base.

Oh, and put me on Matt's side in thinking this would also be a weekly league sort of thing...

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
First thing I'm doing no doubt is getting Big Timmay to beat the shit outta of Brock on the hardest level.

Welterweights

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Matt Young said:
Are we doing just tournaments, or will the tournaments be to crown champions and then we'll have regularly scheduled league events? I thought it was going to be a league with a weekly card.

Right now I think we'll just stick with drafting the real fighters in the game and having some tourneys. Once everyone puts some time into a created fighter and has him up to respectable stats, then we can have a league with them. I just want to do a tournament because I like tournaments.

Reaction score
I can't say for sure, depending when I get the game, but I'll post my GT just in case: Go To Sleep IVL.

J

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm in. Most likely buying the game at launch.

GT: projectreaL1ty

Don't include me if there's gonna be a relatively strict schedule. My free time is limited, but I can usually make things if I know in advance, if that makes sense. In fact, if you wind up with an odd number or something, consider me an "alternate." I don't want to screw up anything for the people who can play more.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I want to play as Sherk and win all my matches by UD. Just like in real life.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I haven't used my online functions in quite awhile so I don't know if my gamertag is still alive. Might not be, I'll need to check.

Anyways, I suggest Middelweight, since that's around my own weightsize if I'm not mistaken (240, isn't it?) so I'd like that one.

Though whatever anyone thinks is good, I'll go with that.

M

Matt Young

Kageho said:
I haven't used my online functions in quite awhile so I don't know if my gamertag is still alive. Might not be, I'll need to check.

Anyways, I suggest Middelweight, since that's around my own weightsize if I'm not mistaken (240, isn't it?) so I'd like that one.

Though whatever anyone thinks is good, I'll go with that.

240 for middleweight? Not even close.

* Lightweight: 145 to 155 lb (67 to 70 kg)
* Welterweight: 156 to 170 lb (71 to 77 kg)
* Middleweight: 171 to 185 lb (78 to 84 kg)
* Light Heavyweight: 186 to 205 lb (85 to 93 kg)
* Heavyweight: 206 to 265 lb (94 to 120 kg)

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Yeah... Wow... I did not realize that. Shows you how little I know about MMA.

Though, that really does mean I'm overweight, cause I don't think I'd be a heavyweight...

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
Just remembered I'm on another continent which may limit my participation, but I'll add myself anyway. GT = muzzington.

Exslade ZX

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just in case we get this going, GT= ZhaneStyles. I'm down.

Just played my first match online, and it was actually a pretty good match against Koscheck, got him to tap near the end of the second round with Diego. Want to take Diego on a rampage through TSM, but I dont think we're doing welterweight.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just put the game in...but I'll play. My gamertag is the same as my forum name.

M

Matt Young

I won't have the game for an hour and a half, but I found out that you can use CAFs online without retiring them. But still, you start with stats in the 20's.

CAF's you make outside of career mode have stats in the 70's.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I think I'll close sign-ups this weekend and we can draft for the first tourney sometime next week, if that's cool with everyone.

Reaction score
I need to buy the game and buy LIVE but if/when I do, I'm def. in.

My gamertag is DallasCowboyHOF

Hawkius Maximus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We should use Xboxmma for this. Helps organize it, randomizes seeding and such.

Just need a flat number like 4/8/16/32 to use it.

I'm good to go whenever. I'm looking forward to it.