Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Trump's Post Presidency Thread

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
One of the people who worked on The Apprentice has shared a lot about Donald’s adderall addiction and need to regularly wear diapers. People have been calling him Diaper Don so when Dave started recently, it thought it was tied to that. I didn’t know he was sharing his personal experiences.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Supreme Court rejected that dumb Texas lawsuit.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well that poll was suspicious and deserves another look. I know I voted for you at least three times.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score

This isn't that surprising, but it also annoys me that it wasn't til like this year that Twitter actually started doing something about his account. It's also the first time I'm actually wondering if they will eventually ban him from the platform (still mostly doubt it, but hey) or if they are going to continue to do things like this.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Part of me thinks Trump could have been prevented if Twitter (and Facebook. Wayyyyyyyy more people still care about Facebook) had called him on his BS when he started running for office in 2015 (or even earlier when he was doing birtherism BS). Part of me thinks that it may not matter.

Definitely not the Twitter part. Idk if the amount of voters who base their decisions on Twitter political discourse is that large. Or at least I hope it isn't that large...

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Part of me thinks Trump could have been prevented if Twitter (and Facebook. Wayyyyyyyy more people still care about Facebook) had called him on his BS when he started running for office in 2015 (or even earlier when he was doing birtherism BS). Part of me thinks that it may not matter.

Definitely not the Twitter part. Idk if the amount of voters who base their decisions on Twitter political discourse is that large. Or at least I hope it isn't that large...

Sadly, I think it could have been prevented if any white man ran against Trump in 2016. I think Twitter is a small minority of people, even though it is a pretty disgusting place. That said Facebook allowing all kinds of nonsense about Hillary in 2016 certainly helped Trump in my opinion.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As Trump is a symptom of what the Republican Party has chosen to become, so too is he a symptom (perhaps the most obvious) of Americans' decision to worship status and celebrity-dom. I agree that things would've been, would be, much different and better had Twitter and Facebook reigned him in in 2012 with birtherism, in 2015, or at any time during this terrible presidency. But the same can also be said of his softsoap treatment from mainstream media as well, including all the help he got from NBC and its cable arm. That, too, could've been done without.

But there were a couple decades worth of reasons for why he got so much help over the past half decade in the political arena. His whole brand was built on media-driven narrative of his status as a playboy, a sports promoter, and a businessman. Those who worship now grew up seeing him and his affair-of-the-moment on the cover of the magazines they saw every time they passed trough a supermarket checkout line. His base was fluffed for this over the span of years. The reality tv show cemented the image; the American people have never been widely lauded for their ability to discern between actual life and cartoon imagery.

A lot of people would still be alive today if the above hadn't all happened. Because of so much media assistance, from mainstream to social and everything in between, there wouldn't have been a president Trump. The US would be in a better place with Covid like so many other countries. Naziism would not have been so normalized.

All of these things, yes. And this: people shouldn't fall for the above dumbass things. And because they did, because they chose to place so much of their lives, livelihoods, their families and communities, into this celebrity trah person, they are now experiencing public defeat at a rate never before seen. Not even the Detroit Lions or Cleveland Browns ever lost more than 50 times in about a month.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Sadly, I think it could have been prevented if any white man ran against Trump in 2016. I think Twitter is a small minority of people, even though it is a pretty disgusting place. That said Facebook allowing all kinds of nonsense about Hillary in 2016 certainly helped Trump in my opinion.
Hard agree; damned near every attack they threw at Hilary could have been used against Biden, as well. And many were. But, in the aggregate, that stuff just doesn't stick to cishet white men.