Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

TV Shows You'd Like To See Back

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
The way the networks roll, it's very rare that we get a satisfying series finale for shows......more than not, the last episode of a show isn't even written AS a series finale if they aren't sure they are being cancelled. Thus, thinking back, alot of my favorites never really got the proper sendoff treatment they deserved.

Personally, and I'm betting alot will disagree with this since the show ran so long, but I would love to see X Files come back, be it for one more last film relating to the well written mythologies of the series, or one last season as a whole (leading to the 2012 end day storyline). Admittingly, this is easily my favorite TV series ever, so I'm a bit biased and the reality here is probably that the ideas behind the show (particularly the alien conspiracy storyline) are too far in the past to follow up on properly. If they handled another shot of the show, or another film, like they did with the one that came out last year, I'd certainly rather pass since that film was a really huge dissapointment in my eyes.

Also definately wish they would bring back Veronica Mars too. That ended very abruptly to say the least.

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score
I'd like to see Back To You given one more year. Not a GREAT show but it was a cute, harmless humorous sitcom that got pulled before it really had a chance. Plus, Fred Willard on TV is always worth renewing.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Firefly. There was so many more stories they could have told. Damn shame how that show went out.

I'd also like to see more Playmakers. ESPN bowed down to the NFL and yanked it after a season, despite good ratings and critical praise.

Vigo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fox needs to bring John Doe back. It would be perfect now because Purcell has some name value due to Prison Break and I'm sure if they didn't dick it around in terms of scheduling it could succeed.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Agreed on Firefly, but thankfully at least we got Serenity after the fact.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Firefly is the obvious one for me. Also...I frigging loved Wonderfalls and thought there was years of mileage on that show...it aired 4 episodes instead. Also Veronica Mars.

ChrisMWaters

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mystery Science Theater 3000

I know some people at my work who want them to bring "Enterprise" back on the air...show the Romulan wars and such. With the new movie maybe even have a meeting of Archer and a young Kirk.

Whose Line Is It Anyway (either version)

Blackadder

...that's about it for me.

EDIT: Though most of the cast that made it fun back then are gone, Match Game coming back might be interesting.

tominator89

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
Firefly. There was so many more stories they could have told. Damn shame how that show went out.

I'd also like to see more Playmakers. ESPN bowed down to the NFL and yanked it after a season, despite good ratings and critical praise.

Completely agree on Playmakers. That show had great potential.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
On the cartoon side of things...

Rocko's Modern Life: I was surprised it only went 4 seasons with 52 episodes. Seemed longer than that.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Are You Afraid of The Dark?

Keep the supernatural/scary aspect of the show and ditch the cheesy slapstick garbage they were pulling when they reformed the Midnight Society.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Only two replies before someone mentioned Firefly. You guys are slipping.

Playmakers is one of my favourite one (season)-and-done shows. Karen Sisco, Keen Eddie, The Flash and Murder in Small Town X round out my Top 5. Any of those save The Flash (which was ok but not great) would be welcome back as far as I'm concerned.

Match Game... unless alcohol and/or drugs are involved it won't be as fun. You have that, and Andy Dick in the Charles Nelson Reilly slot, and you've got a winner (until political correctness kills it).

(edit) Oh, and I almost forgot - Sliders.

mellow

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wonder Showzen was too damn good to call it quits at the two-season mark. Apparently the creators were really burnt out, though.

CanadianChris

Integral Poster
Reaction score
starvenger said:
(edit) Oh, and I almost forgot - Sliders.
Sliders was absolutely horrible after the second season. They'd have to bring it back with the original four AND the original writers for me to watch.

For me, I would wholeheartedly watch a returning Sports Night. I would've also liked to see Dirty Sexy Money given another shot. The writers strike absolutely killed it. Thanks, writers!

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Dead like me is another one. A show like that couldn't have a 10 year run. But three or four seasons could have been perfect.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm in the process of watching the third season of that one now. With five episodes to go, yeah, it's difficult to imagine them tidying up even a majority of the various plot threads.

special k

Very Active Poster
Reaction score
My top ten would consist entirely of Arrested Development. After that, Wonderfalls and Dead Like are good candidates. I loved Veronica Mars too.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Personally I wish The Critic was still on the air. With the fact that Jay was such a great character to degrade and that he would always have current material since he is a film critic.