Matt Sayles vs Sheymon Moraes

Prelims (Fight Pass)

Jose Torres vs Alex Perez
Danielle Taylor vs Zhang Weili
Marlon Vera vs Wuliji Buren

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is a card that looks horrid on paper but will probably deliver in terms of action. I don't care much about DJ/Cejudo and Cody hasn't done anything to earn a rematch but the first fight with TJ is one of the best under two rounds fights ever so I'm down for more violence. Swanson/Moicano is a dope fight too, ditto for Kang vs Ramos.

Having said that, motherfuck paying $60 for that main card.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/pic-racist-social-media-posts-emerge-from-cody-garbrandt-but-who-leaked-them/

Man not even Colby got caught doing this

Reaction score
He’s a freaking idiot for saying this but it’s not the same as the racist tweets we’ve seen, imo.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not in the camp of the lynch mob types who go apeshit every time this stuff happens and demand blood but I think it's pretty telling of who he is as a person that Cody's response was to get defensive and try and find an excuse for what he said rather then apologize and own up to it.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Kevin Holland has serious potential and is probably the most fun fighter on the roster already. Gotta cheer for a student of Michael Jordan BJJ.

TJ was right, Cody has no chin. He said it multiple times in the leadup, and he proved it.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If Cejudo, instead of taking DJ down just held him in clinch positions for the same amount of time nobody would be trying to make arguments for him winning. He literally did nothing with his top control. No damage, no sub attempts and no dominant positions meanwhile he lost the striking battle clearly where the numbers matter. He didn't win that fight. Nope.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think the striking disparity was large enough to negate the take downs. It was a very close fight, either way. I gave Cejudo rounds 2, 4, and 5.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cejudo was losing the 2nd until he hit the takedown and proceeded to do dick all with it. When the reason the guy on top won't strike, pass or attempt a submission is because he knows the guy on the bottom will get up that makes the takedown worthless. He literally did nothing on the ground of merit.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I do hate when takedowns that lead to zero damage or danger can change a fight like that. DC was pushing hard that the takedowns Cejudo landed where DJ was back up a moment later counted for more than they really should have.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Top control is and has been one of the most overrated aspects of mma. If Cejudo had been posturing up and landing GSP-esque ground and pound I'd have zero issues but he was holding onto DJ to run the clock.

RavishingRickRudo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s heartbreaking that Djs reign ends because of two takedowns and a few minutes of top control. I would like to see the strike count on it; it seemed like DJ outlanded him by a good margin. Not a big robbery, but I would say cejudo didn’t deserve the win.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
DJ had a significant striking advantage in the two rounds that he won, but not enough to warrant 10-8's. In the other three rounds, the striking was virtually IDENTICAL but Cejudo got multiple takedowns and/or landed the more effective power shots. I can see why people are pissed because Cejudo barely won the rounds that he won while DJ clearly won the rounds that he did, but Cejudo won according to the current scoring system.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
DJ vs Cejudo 2, reminded me a bit of the first Penn vs Edgar fight where the underdog did so well it felt like people wanted to switch the title based on the champ finally not looking invincible.

Cejudo fought a hell of a fight but when it was over it didn't seem like the kind of performance that would give him a majority decision. Not a horrible decision or anything, no robbery, just a little surprised in a fight so even, they moved the belt.

For Cody? Im most interested to see what he looks like now in a fight against an opponent not named TJ Dilishaw. He doesn't seem able to contain his cool against TJ. Rushing in loading up on every punch. He needs to back and watch his tape against Cruz. That is Cody at his best, using speed to counter, letting fight come to him.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
UFC 227 on Aug. 4 in Los Angeles, a show headlined by T.J. Dillashaw vs. Cody Garbrandt for the bantamweight title and Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo for the flyweight title, is currently estimated at doing 300,000 buys.

The number was well above most expectations for the show, which also drew the largest live crowd the company has ever drawn at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, beating out such major fights as Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie and Ronda Rousey vs. Cat Zingano.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/14/17683972/ufc-227-estimated-pay-per-view-numbers-are-in