Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

UFC 229: McGregor vs Khabib

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, you’ll never convince me that this wasn’t all a work. And if it wasn’t, everyone involved will get a nice check to change their minds that it was.

Staff member
Reaction score
The part with glass going into people's eyes is pretty good evidence it wasn't.

Anyway, this was all great and the reporters need to put on a pair of pants and stop complaining.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
The problem with Dana is we've been down this road too many times where he pretends to be mad about something or someone, but after a few weeks go by, and his advertising department has figured out a way to put it into the next fight's promo, suddenly it's all good again.

Staff member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1048832144049627136

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Video too of Conor throwing punches at one of Khabib’s cornermen first. Debacle of monumental proportions.

Reaction score
Zetterberg is Go said:
Video too of Conor throwing punches at one of Khabib’s cornermen first. Debacle of monumental proportions.

It’s being ignored. People are literally fronting like McGregor is some innocent victim in all this shit

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/NateRockQuarry/status/1048834499016982529

https://twitter.com/NateRockQuarry/status/1048833618183766017

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
So I was sick and stayed home instead of going out to watch the fight and I miss all this. Figures.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
jesus christ that guy was talking shit and engaging for like two minutes straight with no awareness of the fact that he's a middle-aged, out-of-shape drunk guy, then gets dropped like a sack of potatoes when he finally squares up with someone for a fair fight.

kind of a microcosm of the main event.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Iaquinta is better on the ground.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/martin-rogers/2018/10/03/conor-mcgregor-irish-fans-bailing-ex-teammate-says/1513974002/

I've been saying this for a while now.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not letting Conor off the hook for anything, you can't say and do the stuff he did and not expect retaliation, for some fighters this isn't a game and Khabib and the crew he rolls with are in that category.

Having said that, the canonization of Khabib as some sort of wronged party in the aftermath of all this is hilarious. The media, in particular the left wing SJW scene are jumping all over the comments of Conor prior to the fight and ignoring that Khabib rolls deep with Ramzan Kadryov, takes his money from Russian oligarchs and is a fan of Putin. Say what you want about Conor but the way his people and himself acted after the fight, Conor called that shit. They're thugs.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think Dana is secretly hoping that the NSAC suspends Khabib. That way the UFC can either strip him and market a rematch for the vacant belt or strip him and while he's suspended do Tony vs Conor for the vacant belt which Conor has a much better shot at winning. Then Khabib comes back from suspension and they can put him right into a title fight.

Also, I know they were in the conversation anyways but I'm starting to think that AKA might just be the best gym of all time despite all of their issues with injuries. In the modern era they've produced two champions at HW, then a champion at LHW, MW and LW not to mention they had Fitch and Koscheck both as top WW contenders.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How many title defenses did those AKA guys have? They are up there in talk but injuries keep them out of GOAT gym talk to me.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/conor-mcgregors-teammate-called-khabib-f-ing-muslim-rat-prompting-cage-hopping-melee-news.61667.html

the teammate in question is Danis btw, that's what caused Khabib to jump over.

Staff member
Reaction score
He deserved it then. Zero tolerance for religious intolerance.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Dana said Conor called him asking for an immediate rematch. Well duh. Of course he did. It's your job as a promoter to tell him No.