Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

UFC 235

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Rewatching Askren/Lawler and hearing the explanations from everyone makes the ending worse. I thought Robbie dipped out and was ultimately cool with the stoppage. Sounds like he was just alright with it because accidents happen. I also think Askren was out and Robbie woke him up with another punch.

Happy to see Gall get smashed. Calling out a guy who’s best days were a decade ago but has name value felt cheap.

I could do without Colby because it’s a total character. I believe that he’s an asshole, but nothing else rings true about him. He only fought once last year. I’d rather remember him by his fights rather than his fake promos. With the way he fought RDA I was on board. He was a monster that night. With no other contender lined up I’m ok with the match up for the belt.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't realize how much I couldn't stand Cruz on commentary until last night. He says so many words without really saying anything and he keeps repeating himself. Then he cuts guys off to keep up the same talking point for minutes it seems like. Give me DC, Dan Hardy, and Felder anyday.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There are replays from fan-shot videos cageside of Herb checking Robbie's arm when it was "limp", Robbie flashes the thumbs up which Herb either misses or completely ignored and he stops the fight. It won't get overturned to a NC but it should and they're going to do the rematch so I'm ok with it more or less. The UFC Ottawa card in June needs a main event and this would be a great one, a MAGA chud like Askren would draw sick heel heat in Canada.

I think for his own personal safety Misha Cirkunov should retire from mma. I know that the way Walker connected on the flying knee would have floored anybody but he looked scared to be in there and was on the verge of tapping to strikes before the ref stopped the fight. He's shown on multiple occasions that he can't take any kind of punishment or pressure, I'm sure all the personal issues he's had going on outside the cage aren't helping either (wife is currently battling cancer).

I don't understand the logic of the co-main being boring. I'm always fascinated when champions who have been so dominant are completely shut down and taken out of their element and the last time we saw a challenger step up and do that was when RDA dismantled Pettis. For all of the dominance he displayed I think the criticisms of Woodley being mentally weak came back last night, he looked like he did when Rory picked him apart, scared and completely out of it.

Weili Zhang is awesome and I'm totally alright with her fighting JJ, Suarez or Ansaroff next.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
I didn't find either co-main boring. Seeing Woodley dominated was a spectacle in itself.

Jones vs. Smith wasn't boring so much as it was predictable as hell. A guy who was no where near ready to be in that position, being force fed to an all-time great due merely because there is a lack of contenders actually ready for that spot. If Bones stays at LHW, that is likely what his next handful of fights are going to be.

Re: Colby, I agree with what was already said, the reason he is annoying and unlikable is because he is a pure character. He basically combines the worst elements of Conor and Chael into one person. The #MAGA bullshit is just the cherry on top to make it even more intolerable. When it comes to trash talk I'd much rather listen to a guy like Askren who at least sounds like he is speaking off the cuff and what is actually on his mind as opposed to a guy who likely rehearses his routine in the mirror 1000 times before the camera is turned on.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
I didn't find either co-main boring. Seeing Woodley dominated was a spectacle in itself.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they were super boring to watch live, but they definitely aren't anything I'm going to want to go back and rewatch for entertainment purposes anytime soon.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Woodley plays himself off so much as a poor poor pitiful me character that I was totally entertained watching him get grapple-fucked and beaten on for 25. Those shots to the ribs while Usman had him against the cage looked awful.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Usman destroying Woodley was great. It's always a pleasure to see someone who used to be a decent to good all around fighter get thoroughly decimated after falling in love with one aspect of their game to the extent Woodley did with his counter striking and specifically the right hand.