Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

UFC 257

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What's next for Conor? Does he take the trilogy money or does he go for redemption against Tony/Oliveira?

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I bet he fights Nate this summer.
Ehh. I imagine he’d get another Cowboy like warm up before a big money fight.

Dustin being a +250 dog is the dumbest thing about the card tonight. I was taking Conor straight up, but I hope the sports book got smashed with bets.

Hooker’s plan of circle, circle, circle, leg kick, circle... was just as dumb. I can’t see Chandler beating a top guy at 55 though.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Also while Conor is tough, part of my criticism of his fight IQ is down to the fact that he seemed lost when he was getting the beatdown. He just weathers the storm and hopes an answer will present himself. That is what would lead to panic and people calling him 'soft' when getting pressured. This has been the case every time I've seen him get the worst of an exchange. He's not soft, he's just lost.

I wrote this after the second Diaz fight. Happened again last night. Conor made comments about how he didn’t adjust to the calf issue, but reading that post makes me realize he never really did know how to adjust in fights. That’s why he rarely loses by decision, once a fighter figures him out he doesn’t know what to do and gets finished. At least he’s not as bad as Chael in that he doesn’t look for a way out, but still.

Reaction score
I wrote this after the second Diaz fight. Happened again last night. Conor made comments about how he didn’t adjust to the calf issue, but reading that post makes me realize he never really did know how to adjust in fights. That’s why he rarely loses by decision, once a fighter figures him out he doesn’t know what to do and gets finished. At least he’s not as bad as Chael in that he doesn’t look for a way out, but still.

I put some money down (not much) on Poirer in one bet and the fight lasting two rounds in another bet, and I messed up the second bet because I didn’t think of this but that’s a great analysis. I figured the longer the fight went on, the better shot Poirier had, but that also meant that McGregor would be overwhelmed and wouldn’t be able to adjust enough to take it to a decision.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Yeah the sports books said 90% of the action came in on Conor almost everywhere so they made a killing.

I put some money down (not much) on Poirer in one bet and the fight lasting two rounds in another bet, and I messed up the second bet because I didn’t think of this but that’s a great analysis. I figured the longer the fight went on, the better shot Poirier had, but that also meant that McGregor would be overwhelmed and wouldn’t be able to adjust enough to take it to a decision.
Tbf, I figured he would still be able to last past the second round like he did with Khabib, were Dustin to take him to deep waters like he did. But Dustin hits way harder and khabib still dropped him, so it makes sense.

Someone else agrees with us: