Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

UFC pay per views to sell exclusively on ESPN+

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/ufc-espn-ppv-dana-white

Basically you’ll eventually need ESPN+ to order the UFC pay per views. Price is still $60 a show. Looks like you can gets an $80 + package that’ll give you a year and a single ppv.

I haven’t seen a single positive comment from a fan yet. The app is total shit in my opinion. Not enough of a bitch for a $5 a month commitment. But when you’re paying for $60 shows it’s goinf to be an issue for people.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As long as bars/venues aren't affected (which Dana seemed to imply wouldn't be the case), I don't mind this. I can see why others think it's a pain in the ass, though.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is 110% going to impact their PPV bottom line. There are diehard loyalists out there who are going to go cold turkey on buying on the principle that they're forced to sign up for a streaming service.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
If the streaming app was better I wouldn’t have issues. But the thing freezes and often crashes when I try and use it.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So long as the UFC has deals in the UK there will always be sweet, sweet BT Sport streams of PPV's.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
If the streaming app was better I wouldn’t have issues. But the thing freezes and often crashes when I try and use it.

I haven't really watched it live yet but it didn't seem that bad when i did.

Staff member
Reaction score
There's definitely going to be some sort of buy loss, but I bet their split with ESPN is a hell of a lot better than with cable companies. I mean they were giving them half off the top. I'm sure they did the math and figured out that overall their revenue will be much larger over time.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I actually have ESPN+ for CFL gambling, and rugby and 30 for 30's. Much like most streaming services, I probably don't use it enough.

I would be pretty mad if I didn't have it and had to spend $70 a year just to get the PPV's, but it is a pretty smart model buy ESPN/UFC.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I got a free trial in September for a football game that wound up getting a 2 hour rain delay. I was able to go about my "post game" activities normally, though, because I was able to watch it easily on my phone.

Team didn't have any other ESPN+ games so I didn't reup. There wasn't enough product on it for my needs.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Gert said:
I actually have ESPN+ for CFL gambling, and rugby and 30 for 30's. Much like most streaming services, I probably don't use it enough.

Any opinion on Always Late?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Firmino of the 909 said:
There's definitely going to be some sort of buy loss, but I bet their split with ESPN is a hell of a lot better than with cable companies. I mean they were giving them half off the top. I'm sure they did the math and figured out that overall their revenue will be much larger over time.

Meltz says 16 million a month. That equals a 500,000 PPV buyrate.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Gert said:

Any opinion on Always Late?

Haha, had to Google search it, so I answered my own question! That said I think Katie Nolan has a lot of great content.